new designer accessories and jewelry

fansy

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2010 10:22 pm
Quote:
More than 50 percent of millionaires say they plan to rent luxury goods within the next 12 months, according to a survey by Prince & Associates. Handbags topped the list, followed by cars, jewelry, watches and art. Online companies like Bag Borrow or Steal, for example, cater to customers who always want new designer accessories and jewelry, for prices starting at $15 a week.

Is the bolded part grammatically correct? What does it mean?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 500 • Replies: 2
No top replies

fansy

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2010 01:33 am
@fansy,
Quote:
More than 50 percent of millionaires say they plan to rent luxury goods within the next 12 months, according to a survey by Prince & Associates. Handbags topped the list, followed by cars, jewelry, watches and art. Online companies like Bag Borrow or Steal, for example, cater to customers who always want new designer accessories and jewelry, for prices starting at $15 a week.

Now I know grammar of the bolded part is correct. The phrase should read NEW > designer accessories AND NEW designer jewelry.
My questions now is: Does "desinger" mean the one who designed it?
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2010 02:40 am
The phrase should read NEW > designer accessories AND NEW designer jewelry.

designer accessorys mean an accessory designed by a big name such as Yves St Laurent or Gucci (there are many other designers) rather than off the shelf clothing marketed to the mass market and sold through high volume retail outlets.
0 Replies