Lakers game's on.

Ragman

Reply Thu 13 May, 2010 12:13 am
@Region Philbis,
On a different note, I got my eye on the Phoenix Suns. What a warrior Nash is. Cripes, he'd have played one leg. His eye was nearly shut closed with stitches in over his eyelid and/or eyebrow. I swear that I heard the Rocky movie theme. Some people refuse to lose! Unlike <cough> LeBron.

Oh yes, ib the second half or earlier LeBron had that sleeve off his arm. Who knows what his elbow was limiting him, but the issue wasn't his limited arm motion cause it wasn't noticeably limited It was his decision making about how to run his offense with it's limited options
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 13 May, 2010 08:24 pm
Wow, I thought you guys were getting excited too soon, but the Cavs don't look too good right now. Wow. 10:26 to go, Boston 78, Cavs 68.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 13 May, 2010 08:25 pm
Ooh, James just hit a three. Maybe he heard me.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 13 May, 2010 08:26 pm
And another one! Now it's only a four-point lead 35 seconds later...
Ragman

Reply Thu 13 May, 2010 09:01 pm
@kickycan,
Well, that's all wrapped up. Cleveland fans should sue for non support. I think that the Celts are now pretty believable - Team D is the name of the game. They peaked at the right time of the season.

I'm really psyched to see how they deal with Magic. Being originally a Bostonian, I'm now actually 2-hr-drive from Orlando after my recent move to FL. I wonder how much tix are?
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 13 May, 2010 09:06 pm
@Ragman,
Go to Orlando and root your heart out for the Celts!
Ragman

Reply Thu 13 May, 2010 09:08 pm
@tsarstepan,
You can take that to the Bank!

Those guys are MAD!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 13 May, 2010 10:55 pm
Don't get too excited yet though, Celts fans, the Magic have been on a tear in the playoffs so far. Wow, this is getting good now...hopefully Spike Lee is right about Lebron. NYC would welcome you with open arms, Mr. James!

I think I'm diggin' the Magic in this series. Another sweep? Hmmm...
Ragman

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 12:25 pm
@kickycan,
Isn't one to fall for the trap.

And speaking of falling for traps, don't count on Le Bron leaving Cleveland. with a new coach who better understand strategy and a couple of complementary additions, they'll be ready for prime time.

However, if he did go somewhere else, my guess is that it'd be to a team that has a big time coach and complementary parts. This could get him deeper in the playoffs. How about to Miami? Right next to Mr. Wade and Mr. Riley? Takes the pressure of him being the sole scorer/main man and then he can be the 'closer'.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 12:38 pm
@kickycan,
This deep into the playoffs, I feel it's all about match-ups and what happens to the defenders who then have to likewise defend in transition. Wade is a tad smaller than whoever most likely be assigned to him. Look what happened to LeBron when a healthy Garnett was shooting. Garnett shot right over him.

I think this series might turn out to be a 7-game-series. Some of those games might prove to be a track meet. Hello, Mr. Rondo! Anyhow, I see this as a longer series, but perhaps a toss-up as to who might win. This past series was an emotional drainer, but Celts have got enough discipline, toughness and poise to handle it. Orlando has got a chip ion their shoulder from last year. All this adds up to fun for us fans.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 12:49 pm
@kickycan,
Ooops that should have read "shooters who then have to likewise defend in transition."

Interestingly, the sports talkers just heated up some speculation about coach Calipari from U of KY coming over to Chicago Bulls vacant coaching position,. This could entice LBJ perhaps a smidge further.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 08:35 am
Well, well, well, the big day is here!

Celtics/Magic
Lakers/Suns

Who will win? Any predictions?

I predict that the Celts/Magic series goes five games and the Magic take it.

I predict the Suns win in 6 games vs. the Lakers.

I also predict that the Western Conference finals will be infinitely more entertaining, as most of the Magic/Celts games will be won by 15 + points.

And then I predict the Magic will Sweep Phoenix in the finals.

And the TV execs will weep at the low ratings.
Ragman

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 10:32 am
@kickycan,
Magic will beat Celts in 6 (weeping but realistic). Celts are close in 2 of the games. Hope I'm wrong about the final results.

If Kobe's bad knee and bad ankle allow him to play for 30 min, all bets are off for Suns progressing.

Lakers beat Suns in 5

Lakers beat Magic in 6
George

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 04:53 pm
@Ragman,
Celts didn't look all that bad.
Ragman

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 05:06 pm
@George,
Wow..are you kidding? What the hell! They tied up Howard and kept them out of their offensive flow. The next game should be even more interesting. Could it be....? Let's see what happens next.
Region Philbis

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 07:57 pm
@Ragman,

C's in 6.
lakers in 7.
C's in 5... Mr. Green

charles oakley sez LBJ is heading to either chicago or miami...
Ragman

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 10:43 pm
@Region Philbis,
I like Barkley..but over the years he is wrong more often than he's right. Also, has he ever finished a sentence..completely?
kickycan

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 12:13 pm
@Ragman,
Oakley.

Wow, so far the Celtics are the big surprise for me. They may have a chance! Lakers/Phoenix looked about like I thought it would. At least there was some action in the first two games, although neither was really very close.

Can't wait for the next game!
George

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 01:46 pm
@kickycan,
Lakers surprised me. I did not expect a twenty-point rout.

As for the Celts, I'm just enjoying the ride.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 01:53 pm
http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nba_experts__53/ept_sports_nba_experts-373049618-1274190365.jpg?ymd4CKDDU0ZqiSJE

The dude missed the dunk, but just barely. And check out Kobe's face!

Too bad the game is completely rigged or I might watch this sport.

Cycloptichorn