Affair with Widow

dilemma

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2010 07:22 am
I am an unhappily married woman of 25 years and I recently began an affair with a widow. I am the happiest I have ever been when with this man. He too is very happy and even told his grown children of our relationship. This is awkward as I work with his daughter - should I bring the subject up with her?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 4,724 • Replies: 6
No top replies

sullyfish6

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2010 07:28 am
Are you crazy?
You are going to be resented anyway. So how do you think your being married is going to fly with her?
You've got too much baggage to put this on his kids.
IMHO - Mum's the word.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2010 12:34 pm
Welcome to A2K. This a helpful forum of every-day people, just like yourself.

I wish you the best with this delicate situation. However, I see no immediate reason to discuss this with her.

Ooops, wait a minute! Hopefully, she'll not find out through the work grapevine, though her potential discovery of the facts could undermine that family's relationship (and theirs with you) in the future. I'm betting you've already thought of that and have some sort of plan of action?
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2010 01:42 pm
You are a married woman having an affair with a widow and your only question is whether you should approach his daughter? Why not first sit down and talk to your husband? You say you've been unhappy for years but you have somehow managed to stay with him? Why haven't you walked out before now? Tell him you're leaving and then screw around all you want with this other guy. Then maybe approach the daughter. But do something about your husband first.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2010 02:34 pm
@dilemma,
It should be widowER. A widow is a woman. At first I thought you were a lesbian till I saw the description of the "widow" as a man.
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2010 05:12 pm
Whatever . . .

Am I getting old or what or just not with it, but dating a MARRIED person is a huge NO-NO with me.

I am now widowed (11 months ) and am back into the dating scene. the FIRST criteria is that the man be NOT married. Everything else flows from there (except smoking, I will NOT even consider a smoker)

What happened to restraint and setting basic standards for getting into a relationship???

I guess I am getting old . . .
Ragman

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2010 07:20 pm
@sullyfish6,
Not about getting old, but just that wisdom has a way of sneaking in...for the purpose of self-preservation.

However, I've observed that some people just react (or over-react) to an itch and feel it has to be scratched immediately.
0 Replies