The Kind Of Men I Meet

LAW0044

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 05:50 pm
why do i only seem to attract abusive men??
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 987 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Eva

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 11:08 pm
Seriously, you need to stay away from men until you figure out the answer to that question.

No one can answer it for you. That's the sort of intensely personal thing we all have to figure out about ourselves on our own. It may take you a while. A good counselor might help.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 12:03 am
I don't for one minute believe you only attract abusive men. You choose abusive men.
0 Replies

cheesey

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 12:05 am
@LAW0044,
Maybe you are a masochist, but it seems like a lot of women have this same problem, they are attracted to the "bad boys".
LAW0044

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2010 01:57 pm
@cheesey,
the problem is i am not attracted to the bad boys they don't seem to be bad boys in the beginning. but years down the line they turn violent
Francis

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2010 02:07 pm
@LAW0044,
Maybe you turn them violent..

I, on the other hand, meet lots of nice and lovely ladies, especially those of A2K..

Just saying...
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2010 02:09 pm
@LAW0044,
Quote:
why do i only seem to attract abusive men??
Because they sense that you are a good victim...
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2010 02:29 pm
Hawkeye said it.
You are giving off "vibrations" or signals that you want to be dominated.
Believe me, some men can pick up on that.
Contact your local women's center and enroll in an assertiveness training class.
0 Replies

Pemerson

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2010 05:23 pm
@LAW0044,
Well, it's called co-dependency. All these answers are right, in a way.
You really do need to see a counselor so you can understand why you are attracted to men who you think will dominate you.

ONE is a WHOLE number, you know. You don't need anybody but yourself. But, you may have to discover your self. You don't deserve this. I have a relative who used to say, after her husband knocked her around, "Maybe I deserve it."
vikorr

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 01:58 am
@Pemerson,
They are probably right that you will need to find a counsellor on that, because it takes a while to sort through the issues, the behaviours, the ways of thinking, your views on what constitute an attractive man, and probably most importantly for you - how to spot low self esteem in a person, signs of manipulative behaviour, and signs of volatile behaviour.

These men don't 'become' or 'turn' violent - they always had that inside them. The truth is, everyone man can turn violent - but the vast majority have learnt to understand the causes of anger, understand themselves and others, and they have also learnt to cope with anger.....the ones that haven't, are the ones that can turn violent.

A cheap way to help you learn about people quickly in much more depth than usual, is to pick up a few books on handwriting analysis - it is an actual field of psychology, and a huge number of aspects of it prove to be very accurate (just not all aspects). Some of the things it's very good at include telling about emotional stability, and anger issues, despressive tendancies, and controlling natures. It might help Smile
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 07:37 am
People are limited only by their thoughts.

You are attracting abusive men because that is the only type you are receptive to.
your behaviors, your words, your actions, even subtle things you do right now are appealing to abusers.
We as people attract only what we are in line for and give off to recieve.

I agree with Eva.
Figure out the WHY and the attraction will stop.
vikorr

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2010 04:36 pm
@shewolfnm,
Quote:
You are attracting abusive men because that is the only type you are receptive to.

That's a twisted circle. I'm not sure if you wrote that right?
Quote:
your behaviors, your words, your actions, even subtle things you do right now are appealing to abusers.
We as people attract only what we are in line for and give off to recieve.

Out of curiosity, because I've never read a book directly on it, is that the Law of Attraction at work? (mind you, from what I understand of it, I don't agree with it, but that's another topic altogether)
Quote:
I agree with Eva.
Figure out the WHY and the attraction will stop.

Sometimes that's really difficult to figure out, and sometimes you think you've figured it out, but you've only figured out a small part of it. Sometimes you figure it out, and find you still can't stop your behaviours. Sometimes you aren't even aware of your behaviours....that is to say, I sort of agree with you - you most definitely have to figure out why, but 'the attraction will stop' part I don't think is so foregone once you figure out why Smile
0 Replies