Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 06:59 pm
okay so i been with my boyfriend for 9 months and im pregnant by him we planned to have a baby from the day i met him ! hes a amazing person and i know hes gonna be a great dad ! but we fight alot over real silly stuff like over ex girlfriends and ex boyfriends and we get mad at eachother alot. i am just ready for all of it to stop i dont know how to let the past go neither does he, either one of us cant deal with our past relationships and what we did in the past. he was my first love my first everything. i just dont know what to do anymore Sad sometimes i feel like giving up but i just cant bring myself to it. what should i do ?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 757 • Replies: 6
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 07:02 pm
@mommy2be1225,
Can you please be more specific?
mommy2be1225

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 07:02 pm
@tsarstepan,
sorry about that . i edited it .
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 07:22 pm
@mommy2be1225,
Not knowing your age or the age of your boyfriend or the financial details of your relationship, it's hard to give any solid advice.

Doubt at this stage of the pregnancy and relationship seems to be a common thing.

Let me first suggest you find the nearest Planned Parenthood so you can get the appropriate counseling (for both the pregnancy and possibly the relationship between you and your boyfriend).

In theory, like any relatively new relationships, a pregnancy can either bond you guys closer or if you were on the rocks - couple wise, become a rift in your relationship.

From what little information you provided, it seems you two will go via the former and more positive direction. The pregnancy and oncoming child could bring a sense of maturity to your relationship that might help get past the silly stuff.

Hopefully others here at a2k can give you some more concrete advice then mine. Keep up uptodate and welcome to a2k.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 08:01 pm
@mommy2be1225,
Dwelling on past relationships is pointless and immature. Grow up. Usually when couples fight about little things it's because they aren't facing the real problems in their lives. I don't agree with Tsar that babies bring people together. I think that only happens when a strong, loving, trusting partnership has already been created. You don't sound like you have that. Studies show that men tend to bond strongest with their children when they are in love the mother, without that love men have an easy time walking away from their new offspring. We see it all the time. I hope he loves you. It takes a lot longer than 9 months to know who a person is, but I assure you that with the birth of a child both of you are going to find out a lot about one another.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 02:35 am
@mommy2be1225,
Quote:
but we fight alot over real silly stuff like over ex girlfriends and ex boyfriends and we get mad at eachother alot.

May I ask why you fight with him over his ex-girlfriends? And how does the topic get raised, and by whom?

Also, what sort of things do you get mad at him about?

There are a number of contributing factors to conflict, the most common being : fear, lack of empathy & poor communication skills. Other 'causes' may include never having learnt to handle anger, alcoholism, drugs, one partner being manipulative, 'I'm the victim' roleplaying, one partner being overly self-centred, lack of effort put into the relationship, hygeine or cleanliness issues etc. As you can see...advice on any given 'issue' can vary, depending on the issue.

For curiosities sake also, I'm wondering what you find amazing about him.
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 06:02 am
Some couples fight because of boredom.

What things do you do together? What do you have in common?

0 Replies