would a doctore prescribe valtres usually for cold sores?

jenn121

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 05:30 pm
haha funny story, a girl who lives with my boyfriend and his sister has valtrex and says it was just fro a cold sore, but it was prescribed in 2008 there a few missing and she still has them with her always... we are wondering. genital herpes?? or a cold sore of the mouth.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,587 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 05:31 pm
@jenn121,
why are you wondering?

and you have a strange sense of humour...
jenn121

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 05:33 pm
@Rockhead,
im wondering becasue, im curious i just want an answer. if you cant do that for me then please do notttt ask.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 05:35 pm
@jenn121,
Quote:
Cold Sores - Topic Overview
What are cold sores?
Cold sores, sometimes called fever blisters, are groups of small blisters on the lip and around the mouth. The skin around the blisters is often red, swollen, and sore. The blisters may break open, leak a clear fluid, and then scab over after a few days. They usually heal after several days to 2 weeks.

What causes cold sores?
Cold sores are caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV). There are two types of herpes simplex virus: HSV-1 and HSV-2. Both virus types can cause lip and mouth sores and genital herpes.

The herpes simplex virus usually enters the body through a break in the skin around or inside the mouth. It is usually spread when a person touches a cold sore or touches infected fluid-such as from sharing eating utensils or razors, kissing an infected person, or touching that person's saliva. A parent who has a cold sore often spreads the infection to his or her child in this way. Cold sores can also be spread to other areas of the body.

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/tc/cold-sores-topic-overview
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 05:35 pm
@jenn121,
just seems kinda mean-spirited to me.

in answer to your question, Valtrex is prescribed for both types of herpes virus.

(and outside the US it is not a prescription drug)

be careful out there...
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 08:27 pm
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/stevetheq/herpes.jpg
jenn121

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2010 07:42 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
lol thatss fuckin funny Razz lmao... haha.
0 Replies