La Raza

Amigo

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 11:21 pm
I can only apoligize for mexican gangs. I was raised in east LA. What I learned there all of America can learn from and that is family, "La Familia".

You are all "mi familia" my family. Intill you have worked with and been around mexicans you will not really know.

"La Raza" is The Race. The human race....as one. La Raza is ever induring. La Raza is deficient to the system.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,153 • Replies: 13
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 11:32 pm
@Amigo,
I somewhat get you, amigo.

I wish you'd write more.
Amigo

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 11:40 pm
@ossobuco,
Did you get to know some mexican people in California?
ossobuco

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 12:21 am
@Amigo,
Sure, I got to know mexican people in mexico. Some, including in Mexico df, but I'm still dumb.

Honey, I'm not going to list latinos/latinas in LA of my friends.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 12:24 am
@Amigo,
Quote:
Did you get to know some mexican people in California?
Shocked Shocked Shocked There are Mexican people in California ? Are there Californian people in Mexico ? Very Happy Very Happy Just pulling your leg Muchacho.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 12:33 am
@Ionus,
Well, back in the day, I could understand all the viva la raza and campesino theater. I am surely no one to listen to on the history of Mexico, but I remain interested.
Amigo

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 12:37 am
Long live the people

Viva la raza!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 12:40 am
@ossobuco,
Amigo, la raza reminds me of the italian famiglia. Keep telling us more.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 03:35 am
@Amigo,
Amigo wrote:
I can only apoligize for mexican gangs. I was raised in east LA.
What I learned there all of America can learn from and that is family, "La Familia".

You are all "mi familia" my family. Intill you have worked with and been around mexicans you will not really know.

"La Raza" is The Race. The human race....as one. La Raza is ever induring. La Raza is deficient to the system.
Many decades ago, some Mexicans lived next to me in Arizona.

David
Ionus

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 05:00 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Many decades ago, some Mexicans lived next to me in Arizona.
Ah..Dave ? That doesnt mean a lot by itself....
farmerman

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 05:59 am
@Ionus,
DUDE, you dont understand.

1 Mexicans moved next door to Dave in Az

2 Problem solved!

0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 07:04 am
Please Amigo!

"La Raza" is a respected civil rights group (and a rather moderate one at that). I think you are using the term as "the people", but racist groups have quite a campaign to defame NCLR and the Hispanics they advocate for.

I never hear African-Americans apologizing for the NAACP-- and there is a lot more to either of these groups then gangs.

0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 07:08 am
@ossobuco,
Osso, you misunderstand.

The term "La Raza" (short for "La Raza Cosmica"; the cosmic race) is a literary term meaning the Hispanic people. The term has no connection whatsoever with gang activity.

(The phrase "The Family" does have gang connection in both Spanish and Italian.)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 08:48 pm
This from wikipedia:
The phrase, "La raza cósmica", in English "the cosmic race", embodies the notion that traditional, exclusive concepts of race and nationality can be transcended in the name of humanity's common destiny. It originally referred to a movement by Mexican intellectuals during the 1920s[citation needed] who pointed out that Latin Americans have the blood of all the world's races (White Europeans, Asian-descended Native-Americans and Black Africans), transcending the peoples of the "old world".

Vasconcelos also used the term when he coined the National Autonomous University of Mexico's motto: "Por mi raza hablará el espíritu".

It has come, often in its shortened version "La Raza", to refer to the mixed race people of Latin America, i.e., primarily mestizos, mulattos, and zambos or all three combined. Vasconcelos also used the expression, "la raza de bronce" ("the bronze race"), in this same sense.[citation needed]

0 Replies