My marriage is just no fun anymore

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 08:52 am
I have been with my husband for 9 years now, he adopted my daughter and has helped me raise her as his own. She is 11. The first 4 years of our relationship was full with drama, fights, jealousy, and insecurities on both our parts. Then there was few years of greatness. We are doing fine, good jobs, great house all that type of stuff, but it seems like all we do is argue. He complains about everything, nothing is ever good enough for him. I have thought about leaving many times and what keeps me there is my daughter. She loves her Dad and I can't imagine making her go without, because I couldn't afford the lifestyle we have on my own. I know these aren't reasons to stay in a marriage, but I'm catholic and divorce just isn't an option when you have grown up Catholic. But wouldn't god want me to be happy? I understand that I can check into an annulment which is accepted by the church but I don't think me not being happy is really grounds for an annulment. I'm 36 and I got together with a man who loved to party and travel and now he doesn't want to do anything other than go to work...and I'm being irresponsible because I want to have some fun. Any advice?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 3,480 • Replies: 6
No top replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 08:59 am
@chris-sav,
chris-sav wrote:
Any advice?

Marriage counseling.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 09:06 am
Sounds like you're in a rut and your relationship is stale. Does he feel the same way? Go out on a date once a week (preferably not a movie). Or go on a walk together every night after dinner. Find time to be together and talk about the things that brought you together to begin with. What were they? What did you like about him? What did he like about you? Sometimes we forget to pay attention to the things we like about our partners and end up taking those things for granted while focusing on the things we don't like.

It's spring - a perfect season for renewal and changing your outlooks towards each other.

But it will take both of you - you can't do this alone.
ABE5177

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 09:18 am
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

But it will take both of you - you can't do this alone.

whosays? can't shwe go out abnd have a good time on ther own? maybe hubby will wabnt to join after a while

counselors don't know **** and neither does anyone else because only cris sav knows what she really wants, so go girl
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 09:21 am
farmerman is that you??? Shocked

marriage is a journey.

you gotta keep in touch and communicate along the way.

good luck.
ABE5177

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 09:38 am
@Rockhead,
i know pletny of farmers, all of them with brains, none ot them with rocks inside their skulls, the gal want s a pit stop from the marriage journey let her have it, what's YOUR problem, you the husband?
0 Replies

chris-sav

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 02:50 pm
Thanks for the advice, though conflictingly it helps.
0 Replies