THe PC Police Again Shut Down Truth Seaking

JTT

Reply Fri 7 May, 2010 09:30 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Your assertion that only a few backwards people object is false. It also says absolutely nothing to support the idea that changing the policy is good idea, either long term or right now.

bigotry makes these people backward/ignorant/lowlifes/scum/...
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 7 May, 2010 09:49 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
you have the right to that opinion, the problem is that you refuse to allow other people the right to their opinion when it disagrees with yours. In my opinion close minded, ungenerous and lacking in basic human respect people such as yourself are backwards/ignorant/lowlifes/scum.

trying to convince people of your opinion is fine, but you cant stick to that. You have to get all military and club people who dont agree with Your Highness.
JTT

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 12:08 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
you have the right to that opinion, the problem is that you refuse to allow other people the right to their opinion when it disagrees with yours. In my opinion close minded, ungenerous and lacking in basic human respect people such as yourself are backwards/ignorant/lowlifes/scum.

I recognize fully that there are these backward/ignorant/lowlifes/scum/... around and I don't mind in the least that they have an opinion. I just believe that that level of ignorance is not one that should make policy regarding human rights.

It's akin to having the Ku Klux Klan decide who should be allowed into schools/libraries. movie theaters/... .
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 12:44 am
@JTT,
Quote:
I recognize fully that there are these backward/ignorant/lowlifes/scum/... around and I don't mind in the least that they have an opinion. I just believe that that level of ignorance is not one that should make policy regarding human rights
two things......everybody gets a say, you don't get to exclude those who you decide are ignorant. You may or may not recall that your argument was used to keep the blacks away from the polls until 50 years ago, but we settled the question. It is not a credible argument anymore. Someone shouting down those they dont agree with marks a person as not one not ready for the grown-ups table.

Secondly, there are other things in civilization that are important other than human rights, and Human rights are in the eye of the beholder. I think that the ability to organize a collective and to work towards agreed upon goals is a human right, and that whining victims/users who constantly game the system to get more of what they want at the expense of everyone else endangers my right to a better life for me and my kids. at some point JTT you are going to have to grow up and realize that not everyone can have everything they want and everything that they think they deserve every time they decide to raise a stink about how deprived they are. People are going to have to learn what their parents never taught, which is that sometimes the answer is no, and their only recourse is to suck it up and drive on, or alternately to go to hell.
Ionus

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 02:31 am
@mysteryman,
Macho gays are in the military and if they start hitting on people there is a legal out to get rid of them. If they are formally allowed, then even the fluffy gays will join. Your example is similar to my experience but what is the difference between a fluffy and a woman in combat ?
I also know of some who joined because they were convinced all those lonely men must be having sex with each other.
Quote:
If, as some of you seem to think, a gay man cant do the job, then I am living proof that you are wrong.
You say you have been reading along but you havent been understanding anything. Of course homosexuals can do the job, so long as they are not blatantly handbag carrying fluffies.
Quote:
You folks need to grow up!!
Do you say that to everyone who disagrees with you ?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 02:35 am
@mysteryman,
A survey of WWII Paratroop units found they wanted to join because they didnt want to be sitting in a foxhole next to a loser who would get then killed. Special Forces in WWII found men joined out of a very strong desire to kill the enemy.
Quote:
Men try and join the elite units (Navy SEALS, USMC Force Recon, Army Rangers, etc) not because they can "trust the guy beside them", but because those units ARE the elite, the best.
First reason stated is rarely the true reason. You are dead wrong.
Quote:
Being in an elite unit alone does not mean automatic trust.
That is exactly what it means. It doesnt mean like, it means trust.
Ionus

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 02:37 am
@JTT,
Quote:
Why so much hate ? I was right wasnt I ? You were raped by a Division...
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 02:40 am
@JTT,
Quote:
I just believe that that level of ignorance is not one that should make policy regarding human rights.
Dont dishonour the human rights movement by claiming to be a champion. You are a hatefilled sad little minded person who's time came and went without you noticing. What about the people starving ? Are there less people starving then gays who want to be outed in the military ? You are lowlife scum....**** you.
BillRM

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 05:58 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Secondly, there are other things in civilization that are important other than human rights, and Human rights are in the eye of the beholder

LOL, how do I just know that you are a white Christian heterosexual male?

Maybe because sitting on the top the mountain top it is so easy to look down and feel that human rights are not all that important to the society.

If you were a Jew, a Mexican, a black man, a woman, or a homosexual somehow I do not think you would be posting the above.

Sorry my silly friend but the larger the percent of the population that are stake holders in any society the more stability that society is and I know you do not belief this but this is not a zero sum game.

Granting the same rights to others that you happen to enjoy by birthrights does not in any way or a in any manner cost you anything at all.

Love your buzzword “social engineering” that you got from some right wing website or Fox network but in the end, you are harming yourself and your family and your country.

By denialings gays, the right to serve their country on the battlefield you are just harming the very country you are pretending to care for.

Why should any group in this society care or be loyal to a country that demeans them in the manner you wish to keep doing to gays?

That is in added to the fact that someday the life or death of one of your family members might turn of whether the best person is covering his back, be that person white, black, straight or gay, Jewish , female or even a Muslim.

0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 09:23 pm
@Ionus,
Post that survey, and a link to it, so I can read it myself.

Frankly, I think you are creating it out of whole cloth.
JTT

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 09:51 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
What about the people starving ? Are there less people starving then gays who want to be outed in the military ?

Good points, Ionus. That's just the stuff that's necessary for making policy decisions.

You have the most difficult time staying on track, Ionus. I've mentioned this before. Where are we now, how many pages on and all you've offered is your bigotry.
Ionus

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 10:00 pm
@mysteryman,
Its a book...War on the Mind....it details all the research carried out after WWII and some of the not so secret research carrying on now.
Quote:
Frankly, I think you are creating it out of whole cloth.
Frankly, my dear, I dont give a damn.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 10:04 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
Where are we now, how many pages on and all you've offered is your bigotry.
From the biggest bigot at A2K that would be heady praise indeed if it were accurate. All you have offered is your hysteria about war crimes like rape. There are reasons for your fixation on this aspect . Why would you rather fight for a few homosexuals who want to join the military and still carry a handbag when you could be devoting your effort to starving children. You dont care about others, you are a hypocrit on a self serving Quixotic crusade.
JTT

Reply Sun 9 May, 2010 12:20 am
@Ionus,
It's perfectly accurate. You're a homophobe thru and thru. You also seem to be a misogynist of epic proportions. All your experience amounts to little boys' locker room gossip.

I point out the abysmal ignorance of folks like you because peoples' rights matter. You think it's a "few" homosexuals; illustrates the extent of your research skills.

Why do you keep leading the issue away from your bigotry with these inane tangents? Because as I've said, you've got nothing. Your "experience" doesn't amount to squat, because it's riddled thru and thru with flat out bigotry, the kind that matters.

While I've listened, not accepting the rantings of an idiot is a form of bigotry that the vast majority can accept. Your bigotry is unacceptable, it's what scum are made of.
Ionus

Reply Sun 9 May, 2010 12:33 am
@JTT,
Quote:
You think it's a "few" homosexuals
How many homosexuals want to be in the military as a known homosexual ? Well, miss smart-arse love/hate the idea of rape ? How many you bigot ?
Quote:
All your experience amounts to little boys' locker room gossip.
24 yrs in the army and a dull bitch like you tries to tell me what the army is like.

Quote:
Why do you keep leading the issue away from your bigotry with these inane tangents?
Am I the topic ? Oh you mean I lead away from the topic like when you call me :
Quote:
You're a homophobe thru and thru
a misogynist of epic proportions
your experience amounts to little boys' locker room gossip.
the abysmal ignorance of folks like you
the rantings of an idiot
Your bigotry is unacceptable
scum
I would hate to think you went off on a tangent.
Wouldnt it make your day if you were raped by an entire division after they had just bayoneted thousands of babies....WOW !! you would be so excited !!!! It would be like the best day EVER !!!!
You are a very sick woman.
JTT

Reply Sun 9 May, 2010 12:39 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
24 yrs in the army

It's reassuring to know that you were kept out of normal society for at least that long.

Quote:
How many homosexuals want to be in the military as a known homosexual ?

You can't even grasp the stupidity of your question.
Ionus

Reply Sun 9 May, 2010 03:33 am
@JTT,
Quote:
You can't even grasp the stupidity of your question.
Which you cant or wont answer.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sun 9 May, 2010 04:13 am
Ionus says:
Quote:
Wouldnt it make your day if you were raped by an entire division after they had just bayoneted thousands of babies....WOW !! you would be so excited !!!! It would be like the best day EVER !!!!
You are a very sick woman

Maybe you should rethink just who it is who's sick here, Ionus. Look in the mirror first.
ABE5177

Reply Sun 9 May, 2010 01:10 pm
@MontereyJack,
mabbe mabbe not
Jtt is a KOOK
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sun 9 May, 2010 01:16 pm
re Abe, true that, however it doesn't exonerate ionus.
0 Replies