THe PC Police Again Shut Down Truth Seaking

Ionus

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2010 08:36 pm
@DrewDad,
Quote:
You are a coward
This is a typical response from a fool. You admit to knowing nothing about me, yet can you prove my motives in telling you there is no yes or no answer to that are cowardly ? Of course not. Like the rest of your argument and the fools with you, you cant prove anything.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2010 08:38 pm
@Ionus,
You, sir, are an utter, complete, unmitigated moron. You add nothing to the conversation. Sayonara.
Ionus

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2010 08:44 pm
@DrewDad,
Quote:
Sayonara.
Yeah does that usually work where you are because here if you storm out slamming a door you just look like a bigger dickhead than before. And you have already done that.
Quote:
You, sir, are an utter, complete, unmitigated moron.

Source: WordNet (r) 1.7
moron
n : a person of subnormal intelligence [syn: idiot, imbecile, cretin, changeling, half-wit, retard]

nothing about coward......

Quote:
Wow. Nine consecutive posts full of vituperation and absolutely no information.
You are counting for your side too, arent you hypocrite ?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2010 08:55 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
I definitely agree that the war should be pay-as-you-go.

Hell no first we just have many trillions of dollars of wealth disappear from our economic so now is not the time for an tax increase of any kind. As Hawkeye10 stated concerning granting civil rights to gays the time is not right! See any economic 201 text book for more information. Sometimes strangely the GOP is correct.

Side note after WW2 our national debt were 1.5 of our GNP!

And how many people would have supported invading Iraq if it were announced how much it would cost them out-of-pocket each year?
Ionus

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2010 11:13 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Side note after WW2 our national debt were 1.5 of our GNP!
Wrong Miss William. The US went close to bankruptcy twice during WWII, and by its end :
Quote:
America’s debt-to-GDP ratio hasn’t been near the 100% level since the end of World War II, when it peaked at 109%.

http://www.dailymarkets.com/economy/2010/04/02/will-america-be-suffocated-by-its-own-debt/
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2010 03:52 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
The Russian army did not have combat troops clown, the closest women got to the front was all female sniper teams.

How can you say this wjth a straight face?
Of course the Russian army had combat troops, and women made up a larger role then just sniper teams.
If you had done even the slightest research, you would have found out about the "night witches", am all female unit that the Germans were terrified of...

http://mysite.pratt.edu/~rsilva/sovwomen.htm
Ionus

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2010 05:27 am
@mysteryman,
Quote:
Of course the Russian army had combat troops,
They certainly did.
Females were not involved in mixed-sex combat units. Having a female pilot and maintenance people is a long way from female combat. Seeing the topic is about homosexuals in combat, and the disaster of women serving has been raised, I dont have a problem with still saying the Soviet Army of WWII did not have female combat troops.

I have never had a problem with women serving in all female combat units where they can rely on each other instead of the men. The PC dont agree with this because it is not "in your face enough" to make them feel like they have conquered.
BillRM

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2010 05:35 am
@DrewDad,
Quote:
And how many people would have supported invading Iraq if it were announced how much it would cost them out-of-pocket each year?

A profession military is an arm of the national foreign policy of the US and they do cost funds sitting around watching soaps in their states side barracks.

Now I do not agree with their used under Bush two myself however that is a separate question to the cost of using them as they was intended to be used as a tool of our national policy.

In the old days we was a far more honest nation and call the War Department the War Department not the Defense Department.

Side note we make money on Desert Storm One!

mysteryman

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2010 06:45 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
Females were not involved in mixed-sex combat units.

Again, you are wrong.

Over 800,000 women served in the Red Army and Red Air Force during WW II. By 1943, more than half of them were fighting on the front as snipers, machine-gunners, tank drivers, and in the infantry. Several women commanded male platoons. Additionally, women fought as partisans and worked in combat support positions.

The Soviets introduced three female fighter and attack aviation squadrons into combat operations in April 1942. All three fought for the duration of the war, flying thousands of combat missions. By 1945, only one squadron was still composed of women only.

Female combat pilots flew in male squadrons and one woman commanded a male aviation regiment. During the Battle of Stalingrad, female fighter pilots augmented male squadrons, racking up numerous kills. Several women pilots were shot down yet escaped to fly again.

Significantly, while the Soviets initially fielded gender segregated units, few were able to maintain that identity because of heavy attrition across the Red Army. Under intense combat conditions, male units replaced their losses with women and vice versa.

Also, if you look here...

http://www.warandgender.com/chap2pap.htm

And scroll down to the part that is titled...
The Soviet Union in World War II

You will see an entire piece about the way Russian women served in combat roles.

Actually, I would recommend you read the ENTIRE thing, you might learn something.

DrewDad

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2010 07:06 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
A profession military is an arm of the national foreign policy of the US and they do cost funds sitting around watching soaps in their states side barracks.

In my experience, professionals of any stripe do not get paid for sitting around and watching soap operas. You might want to re-think your attitude a bit.

Our military didn't get to be the best on the planet by sitting around watching soaps.
Ionus

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2010 07:19 am
@mysteryman,
Quote:
more than half of them were fighting on the front as snipers, machine-gunners, tank drivers, and in the infantry.
Wrong. More than half were at the front...as support troops not as
Quote:
snipers, machine-gunners, tank drivers, and in the infantry
Some fought as snipers, some medicos took charge of infantry units when they were nearly destroyed anyway.
From your reference :
Quote:
Its women soldiers were rarely assigned to ground combat roles and, like today’s American women soldiers, fought mainly when circumstances thrust them into the line of fire.

Quote:
Several hundred thousand received training in firing mortars, machine-guns, and rifles.
This is standard training for NCO's and Officers, be they male or female.
Quote:
Their main areas of involvement were in medical specialties (especially nursing) " these were often front-line positions " and antiaircraft units which “became virtually a feminized military specialty.”

Quote:
These figures put women at about 8 percent of overall forces
In an army where commanders were shot for failing to take positions, what do you think would have happened if they got pregnant or felt serving was now an inconvenience ?
You can serve "at the front" and still be a long way from combat.
mysteryman

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2010 07:24 am
@Ionus,
So what your saying is that no matter how much evidence I show you that contradicts your statement, you wiill refuse to either believe it or try to find ways to deny it.
Ionus

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2010 07:35 am
@mysteryman,
I was talking about women in combat, as in serving in infantry alongside men to fight in the ground battle. A female infantryman, not a medic or any other. I was aware of what you presented, but thank you for your effort.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2010 08:29 am
@DrewDad,
Quote:
Our military didn't get to be the best on the planet by sitting around watching soaps.

True they get that way by constantly training a training that in term of funding is similar to real combat OPs.

And they got that way by being place in harm way over and over again so once more the cost of using them is not that must greater then the cost of not using them.

And that was my point that you seem to have overlook.
DrewDad

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2010 09:44 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
And they got that way by being place in harm way over and over again so once more the cost of using them is not that must greater then the cost of not using them.

That's why they've appropriated so much money for the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, right?
joefromchicago

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2010 09:46 am
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

So what your saying is that no matter how much evidence I show you that contradicts your statement, you wiill refuse to either believe it or try to find ways to deny it.

Idea
Setanta

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2010 11:28 am
@mysteryman,
In addition to what you have reported, it is worth noting that there were three Soviet all-female aviation regiments, and one them (i have posted the information in these fora on more than one occasion, so i'm not going to go back and research it yet again) was truly all female, with female mechanics and support troops. It was the most decorated aviation regiment in the Soviet Union during the Great Patriotic War, and in addition to the Order of Hero of the Soviet Union issued to several of its pilots, the entire unit was re-designated a Guards regiment, the Soviet equivalent of a unit citation.

Many women served as drivers of armored fighting vehicles, because it was thought that as they were smaller, they would do better in the constricted confines of a tank or APC.

Marina Raskova had become a popular public figure before the German invasion, and she used her prestige to accomplish the establishment of the all female aviation regiments. That first unit was the 588th Night Bomber Squadron, which as expanded into an aviation regiment after the Stalingrad experiment. (OK, i did go look it up again.)

http://www.ctie.monash.edu.au/hargrave/images/swp_marina_raskova_200.jpg

MARINA RASKOVA

http://www.ctie.monash.edu.au/hargrave/images/ryabova_popova_TL_250.jpg

During the Stalingrad campaign, Katya Ryabova and Nadya Popova set a record with 18 bombing sorties in a single night. By the end of the war, the 588th had flown more than 24000 missions--more than any other aviation regiment.

http://www.ctie.monash.edu.au/hargrave/images/meklin_01_250.jpg

Natalya Meklin, a holder of the Order of Hero of the Soviet Union, was one of the most decorated Soviet pilots in the war. More than two dozen female combat pilots were awared the Order of Hero of the Soviet Union.

http://www.musketeers.org/wordpress/wp-content/lilyalitvak-8x6.jpg . . . http://www.elknet.pl/acestory/foto1/litvak2.jpg

Lilya Litvak was known to the troops as "the White Rose of Stalingrad"--whether justified in their belief or not, the troops on the ground were convinced that she gave up opportunities to hunt down German planes so that she could fly close-air support for the troops on the ground. She was shot down and disappeared in the spring following the nightmare battle for the city.

http://www.yaplakal.com/uploads/post-3-12326736262047.jpg

Rosa Shanina had more than one hundred reported kills as a sniper, 48 confirmed--she was a popular subject with the propaganda photographers because of her blond good looks. She was killed in action in 1945.

http://wio.ru/galgrnd/sniper/pavli.jpg

Lyudmila Pavlichenko, shown in this publicity still, had more than 300 reported kills, including 30 German snipers. She was pulled from combat to assure her survival (about 80% of Russian snipers did not survive the war), and sent to Allied nations on publicity tours. She was the first Soviet citizen to meet the American President in the White House.

http://www.mdf.ru/i/photo/011/11453.jpg

Alexandra Samusenko rose on merit to the command of an armored battalion. She was killed in combat in 1945.

http://wio.ru/aces/gal0/budanova.jpg

Ekaterina "Katya" Budanova was a fighter ace who served with Lilya Litvak. Miss Budanova survived the war.

Certainly the majority of Russian women served in support roles to free men for the front line. It is totally false, however, to suggest that they did not commonly go into combat. They did, just as their mothers or grandmothers had hoped to do in the First World War. However, the performance of the only Imperial women's battalion sent into combat was such an embarrassment to the Tsar's officer corps, that they were withdrawn from the line, and never sent into combat again. More than 40,000 has volunteered for service, and thousands of them fought in the civil war between the Whites and the Reds.
BillRM

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2010 11:28 am
@DrewDad,
Quote:
so much money for the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, right?

It one hell of a good excuse to place money into such firms as Blackwaters is it not?
DrewDad

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2010 11:43 am
@BillRM,
Well, make up your mind. It's either costing more money to be actively at war, or it isn't.
BillRM

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2010 11:47 am
Second in real combat you find out that you need better equipments such as better personal body armor, better armor vehicles, drones that encrypted all it traffic and on and on it go.

Things perhaps you had always wish for but could not get the beam counters to give you.

Such items will not disappear after the ongoing conflict is over and therefore should not be view as operations costs of the conflict but should be placed in the capital improvement budget instead.