THe PC Police Again Shut Down Truth Seaking

Ionus

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 03:33 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
that was always a good idea, but was done poorly and too early.
Some of the best units come from the same area. The next best option is to have them identify with something else like religion or something that makes them unique.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 06:58 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
Quote:
The U.S. armed forces are effective.
This can not answered by a yes or no. There are degrees of effectiveness.

It can be answered yes or no, actually.

As in, "yes it is an effective fighting force, although it could be better" or "no it is not an effective fighting force".

Not answering yes or no is just weaseling. Do you really want to be a weasel?
DrewDad

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 07:02 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
Damn that is tupid.

This made me laugh.
Ionus

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 07:05 am
@DrewDad,
Quote:
Quote:
Damn that is tupid.

This made me laugh.

Very Happy Very Happy That is pretty funny...I did it deliberately .... Wink
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 07:07 am
@DrewDad,
Quote:
No, it cant. There are many shades of grey between black and white. Have you stopped beating your wife ? Answer yes or no....

Quote:
Not answering yes or no is just weaseling.
In your opinion..but I already have cause to suspect your opinion.
Diest TKO

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 07:45 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Quote:
DADT not= strong military
That is highly debatable.

I'm talking about you switching the ball here. I said that DADT doesn't help our needs, and you replied with the red herring that I didn't believe that we needed a strong military.

Aside from that, it's only coincidental that the above had a double meaning that I agree with. Perfect double meaning. I did not see it until now.

hawkeye10 wrote:

We had this debate under Clinton and decided that DADT was required because openly allowing gays to serve would harm the military more than we could allow.

Yes, that was the rationale then. It was wrong them too, but at least in 1992, ignorance was an excuse. We cannot claim to not know after almost two decades in which many modern armies have allowed for open homosexuals.

The harm-thesis proved invalid.

hawkeye10 wrote:

You have neither shown that we were wrong then,

You're right, it wasn't me that demonstrated it. It was a the soldiers serving as and with gay soldiers that showed how we were wrong in 1993.

hawkeye10 wrote:

or that the situation has changed.

Situation hasn't changed. There was no legitimate threat from homosexual integration to begin with.

T
K
O
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 07:52 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
Quote:
Now, apply this to gay and straight soldiers. They can bond. They do bond.
I agree. But the posibility of bonding does not mean they will. It is far easier for everyone if they leave sex out of it.

No two soldiers are guaranteed to bond. What's your point?

Additionally, what does heterosexuals and homosexuals bonding have to do with sex? I bond with many homosexuals, and none of those bonds are sexual in nature. We talk about movies, sports, politics, family, etc.

T
K
O
DrewDad

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 08:43 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
No, it cant. There are many shades of grey between black and white. Have you stopped beating your wife ? Answer yes or no....

Weasel.

You are intellectually dishonest. There is no further point in engaging you in this debate, because debating a weasel wastes my time and annoys the weasel.

Have a nice day.
JTT

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 10:30 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
An officer writes one of his soldiers a bad report...the soldier claims the report is bad because he knocked him back for sex. Once upon a time the report would be taken as accurate. Now a simple thing like report writing has an investigation. It is an absolute mess. Not as bad as women in the military, but almost.

Yeah, it's ludicrous to suggest that an officer, saints all, could be wrong;
JTT

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 10:41 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
Would you listen to yourself ? You are quite the little dictator arent you ?

You really don't have much of a grasp of politics. Are plebiscites common in Au to determine federal matters?

Quote:
This is exactly the problem. You have done good regardless of the bad. How happy you must be.

But you want to keep the bad, the unjustifiable because you see it cause some problems. Is your greater fear that the military hasn't the brains necessary to rectify problems? The only problem I've seen you lay out to date is that officer's reports might be questioned. That's lame as can be and you've provide nothing else, save bigotry.

Quote:
You are basing this on your extensive experience. When will you be joining ? Of course you know of zero indications. You know zero about the military.

No, as I mentioned above you have provided no sound basis, no basis at all for your contention.

Quote:
You have not given anything that is nothing but pigheaded PC thuggery backed up by bigotry in support of yourself. Programs backed by bigotry aren't going to win you much favor with any sensible person.

No, lad, it's the law, you know the stuff that the military is there to protect. Don't they use that stuff to whip you kids into a patriotic fever?

Quote:
You have started threads ? WOW !... I am impresssed ! ... How important you are ! You dont care if more people than necessary die in a war, just so long as they do what you say . You sicken me with your hypocracy and bigotry.

You evidently did a wee bit of research and found stuff that you didn't like, stuff that scared the **** out of you, so now you resort to these childish distractions.

Have you some numbers? Yes or no?

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 12:13 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
joe said : What makes you think gays find the company of other gays repulsive?
Quote:
Ionus said : You do. What reason could they have for not serving together ?
Quote:
joe said : What gave you that idea?
Your avoidance of why they dont want to serve together, of why they have to serve with men.

You're making less and less sense. You argue that gays don't want to serve in segregated units and, on that basis, conclude that gays find other gays repulsive. How you made that leap in logic quite simply evades me -- I can't imagine how anyone could think that gays find other gays repulsive, given that gays are generally viewed as being attracted to other gays.

Be honest: is this because no guy ever hit on you while you were in the military?

Ionus wrote:
have read your explanations and they amount to they shouldnt serve in their own units because you dont like it. They still get to serve dont they ? They have their 'right' to serve satisifed.

The same can be said for heterosexuals. As long as they can serve in the military, they shouldn't complain about having to serve alongside homosexuals, even though they don't like it.

Ionus wrote:
Quote:
then I suppose it is a testament to your heterosexuality that your comments about gay people are so idiotic.
I will let others judge that as you have obvious bias. If you can recall this point was about the necessary level of experience required to know enough about the military to make an informed comment. You and JTT think the necessary qualification is to be a left whinger, demanding things be done your way and any problems can be sorted out by others. It is not your fault if your ideas have problems. They must be instigated anyway.

But if I need to serve time in the military in order to offer intelligent observations about the military, why don't you have to be gay in order o offer intelligent observations about homosexuals?

Ionus wrote:
Quote:
If your argument about "unit cohesion" can only be understood by someone with a comparable amount of service in the military as you, then why did you even bother to post it on this forum?
Is it your assumption that you are the only person on this forum ?

On the contrary: there are quite a few people on this forum, but it's a general audience composed of a cross-section of society. I can think of only a handful people who are (or were) career military on this board. If your argument can only be understood by fellow service members, then I suggest you direct it to an audience composed mainly of fellow service members.
JTT

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 12:28 pm
@joefromchicago,

Quote:
Ionus wrote: have read your explanations and they amount to they shouldnt serve in their own units because you dont like it. They still get to serve dont they ? They have their 'right' to serve satisifed.

No, Ionus, it's not because we don't like it. How many times does it have to be explained. It's because it is discriminatory. It says, "you are folks that must be kept apart from us regular people, read, better class of people".

Ionus

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 06:07 pm
@Diest TKO,
Quote:
No two soldiers are guaranteed to bond. What's your point?

On the lack of a guarantee you want to make it worse or just give up ?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 06:11 pm
@Diest TKO,
Quote:
Additionally, what does heterosexuals and homosexuals bonding have to do with sex? I bond with many homosexuals, and none of those bonds are sexual in nature. We talk about movies, sports, politics, family, etc.
You understand nothing. Will you die for them and them for you ? Combat units are not there to critique movies and sports. They are there to be in harms way. You know it really would help if you had some idea of what the hell you were talking about.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 06:14 pm
@DrewDad,
Quote:
Weasel.
Dodger.
Quote:
You are intellectually dishonest.
You are a spoilt brat who demands a yes or no answer to a complex question. Explain quantum theory by answering yes or no...
Quote:
Have a nice day.
Thank you. You too....
Ionus

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 06:15 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
Yeah, it's ludicrous to suggest that an officer, saints all, could be wrong;
Perhaps but it is certainly stupid (to you, at least) to suggest you could be wrong when you know nothing of the topic .
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 06:31 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
That has already happened. Firemen used to be strong enough to carry another man down a ladder. Now there are women who cant do that, so they have to "man" the hoses

I have stayed out of this discussion, but after readiing this BS I have to respond.

The statement by you that I quoted shows your complete ignorance about how firefighters work and how different firefighters are assigned their roles on a fire.
Ionus

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 06:31 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
You really don't have much of a grasp of politics. Are plebiscites common in Au to determine federal matters?
They do help avoid some of the stupid statements you have made where you say the majority support your opinion.
Quote:
The only problem I've seen you lay out to date is that officer's reports might be questioned.
Cant you read ? Or did you just join this thread ?
Quote:
That's lame as can be and you've provide nothing else, save bigotry.
You are as lazy and self serving as can be. You fit the perfect definition of bigot, but you are too stupid to know it.
Quote:
Is your greater fear that the military hasn't the brains necessary to rectify problems?
Your greatest fear is that the world wont do what you tell it. Diddims ! How awful for you !

Quote:
But you want to keep the bad, the unjustifiable because you see it cause some problems.
You see unnecessary death as justifiable to make you look like a sweety ? Pathetic.

Quote:
No, lad, it's the law, you know the stuff that the military is there to protect.
Dont pretend to care about the law....you are just another bigotted hypocrit who is desperately trying to bully .

Quote:
You evidently did a wee bit of research and found stuff that you didn't like,
No. Not at all. You see this is whats wrong with your attitude, you live in Wonderland.

Quote:
stuff that scared the **** out of you,
There is not much left to scare me.

Quote:
so now you resort to these childish distractions.
I take it you dont like your childish distractions any more ? Didnt they work ? Oh! Poor thing !

Quote:
Have you some numbers? Yes or no?
Have you stopped violent fanatsy masturbations ? Yes or no ?
0 Replies

NSFW (view)
Ionus

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 07:05 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
No, Ionus, it's not because we don't like it. How many times does it have to be explained. It's because it is discriminatory.
So you like it ? And these so called "discriminated" people cant argue for themselves ?

Quote:
Quote:
Ionus wrote: have read your explanations and they amount to they shouldnt serve in their own units because you dont like it. They still get to serve dont they ? They have their 'right' to serve satisifed.
you are folks that must be kept apart from us regular people, read, better class of people".
Is it your plan to populate black ghettos with white people ? Allow winos into 5 star restaurants ? Pay everyone the same regardless of effort and work value ?
0 Replies