How can i get closer to someone? Friend or more?

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2010 08:33 pm
I have liked this boy for about two years. Last year for some reason I literaly got to shy to talk to him and didn't. This year, about 3 weeks ago. We were helping student council set up for a dance and @ the end we ended up playing one on one soccer. Also at the dance that night we basically hung together because we both didnt feel like dancing.He even offered me to sit next to him. lol. But it was as if he sat as far away from me as possible. after that i guess we got a little closer. Then he asked for my cell #. For two nights we texted from 8 at night to about 11. Then friday came and we were asking eachother what we were going to do that weekend. We ended up decididing we'd both go to the movies together. ( i knew it was only as Friends) After that everything has felt so awkward. We even est. the fact that it wasn't a date that night. He still seems like he wants to stay away from me even though he'll smile at me and say im funny and tell people i have really good music. Its been a week and a half since then. I do love him even if he doesnt love me back. I just want him to be comforatable around me. How do you interperate what he's going threw? Am i a prob to him? ps. i'll stop him in the hall sometimes and say hi since we dont have classes together. FYI: Some people i know says he's hung up on this one girl still, but he never talks of her and i dont exactly know the story be hind it if it is true.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 745 • Replies: 6
No top replies

roger

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2010 08:39 pm
@chezymeeez,
chezymeeez wrote:

FYI: Some people i know says he's hung up on this one girl still, but he never talks of her and i dont exactly know the story be hind it if it is true.

Maybe he just doesn't know how to procede, then. Anyway, keep showing up where he is at, even if it seems to be an unlikely place for you to be.
chezymeeez

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2010 08:53 pm
@roger,
wouldnt that seem like im tryin to hard? thats how i see it. he wouldnt see it like that?
roger

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2010 08:58 pm
@chezymeeez,
Yep. Do it long enough and he just might get the idea.
0 Replies

redsummer2000

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 11:35 am
@chezymeeez,
You should back off, and stop "accidentally" bumping into him. If he is truly interested, he will pursue you.
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 12:11 pm
You are going to have to ask him to do some things with you to find out where he stands with you.

Will he hang out with you? (the show or going to the mall or for a walk)
Will he go for a burger with you?

You need to ask him directly, because you are just hearing things about how he feels.

Stop texting and listening to others and get the story straight from him. He is either interested or not. He is either free or not. He is either willing or not. You will know in a short time if he's interested in taking things further.

PS - Back off on the "love" thing. You don't really know him yet and that strong feeling may scare him away. Just hang out for a while.
chezymeeez

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 07:29 pm
@sullyfish6,
thnx. your right. & i dont truly "love" him. i use that word alot. i tell ppl i hardly tlk to that i love them! lol. but i guess it could come off wrong if he heard it! hehehe!
0 Replies