Odd aching Joints (and not the smoking kind)

Linkat

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2010 10:15 am
This past weekend, I had these really painful odd aching joints. It started in my sholder, neck, elbows and wrists. Then moved to my hands, kness and feet. On Saturday night it was so bad, I could barely walk.

Then when I got up on Sunday, it felt tons better. Then today particularly non-existent. I looked up my WebMD and most aching joints seem to impacted on either one side of the body or in a specific joint. This seemed to hit almost all my joints - which it seemed could be some sort of virus.

As it is pretty much all gone, I don't plan to visit the doctor - but was curious if anyone has ever had anything like that before.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,877 • Replies: 8
No top replies

sullyfish6

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2010 10:22 am
Yup-
after working out
after wild sex
after just starting back to work and being out of shape
hangover
flu (24 hr.)
weather changes
too much salt in my diet or dehydration (see hangover)
bad dreams that made me wake up body-tense

Linkat

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2010 10:32 am
@sullyfish6,
I had these aching joints from Friday until this morning. Did they move from joint to joint? I had suspected some sort of flu, but I did not have a fever or feel sick otherwise.
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2010 10:34 am
Absolutely - like a cold that travels from the head to the throat to the bladder.

But ask your Dr. and keep track of the dates and time, if this should happen again.
Linkat

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2010 10:48 am
@sullyfish6,
Yes - I do plan to make note - just in case....but I have gone down the virus route before - basically it is whatever you get over that the doctor doesn't have an explanation for. The answer - it is/was a virus.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 02:54 pm
@sullyfish6,
Well I do think it was viral - my husband isn't feeling well and complaining of aching joints.

Either that or number 2 occured and he had a delayed reaction.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 05:18 pm
@Linkat,
I seem to remember that whenever I've looked up flu, to distinguish if from colds or allergies, they mention joint symptoms, which I've never had when I've had the flu... but they seem to be common.

On the other hand, I used to work in rheumatology. If symptoms persist, see your doc.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 07:21 pm
@Linkat,
Lyme disease? Did you have any rash with this?
Linkat

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2010 09:24 am
@Swimpy,
No - and it has completely gone away, but as others have suggested I will talk with doc if anything else happens.

I just couldn't believe how painful it was that night - it was difficult to get up at night to go pee (peeing wasn't - just moving my body.
0 Replies