What would you do if your father picked his wife over his own daughter?

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 04:42 pm
Four years ago, I became a foster child because my mom needed help with her addiction to her perscription drugs and my dad doesn't want anything to do with me. The bad part happend when I was 6 years. My dad had marryied my stepmom. At first she was fun to be around and she was a good mom to me, but then something changed. She started accusing me of horrible things. She said that I tried to stab her with a sharp object. She said that I hide things; like OMG, my clothes, shoes, stupid stuff like that. She said that I tryied to poison the family. She had slapped me and hit me with dishrags and the belt and she even wash my mouth out with soap.(I don't even think that's legal). Of all the hurtfull things she had said, I DID NOT DO! I would never do anything to hurt the ones that I love so dearly. My stepmom had put me through a living hell! My stepmom said all of these things to my dad and guess what? HE BELIEVED HER!!!!! I'm his own daughter! I would never do anything THAT bad! So I couldn't handle it ANYMORE! I went back to my mom's home knowing damn right that she was unable to take care of me. It didn't last long. Long stories short: I went to this little place called Jaminson Center 3 times. The third time the state put me in a wonderful home with AWSOME foster parients. But a part of me still wonders. Did I make the right choice of going back to my mom's knowing that something would happen? What would you do if your father picked his wife over his own daughter like mine did to me? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 978 • Replies: 3
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 05:05 pm
@Mature-girl18,
Welcome to a2k, Mature girl 18.

Just from what you have said I'd say you made the right choices. I'm glad you finally had some wonderful foster parents.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 05:49 pm
It's a sad state of affairs when people who shouldn't be parents are. I'm glad you found a happy home. Count your blessings and forget the pain these fools put you through. They gave up the best thing in life, YOU!! And you were smart enough to know that you could be happy and forced the issue. Good for you. You have absolutely nothing to feel guilty about.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 09:27 pm
@Mature-girl18,
Of course you did the right thing by leaving the situation with your father and stepmother. You described your life there as being "a living hell" because you were being abused physically and emotionally. But you had the courage to leave and go back to your mom even though you knew she probably couldn't care for you. You took a risk to make things better for yourself, and, in the long run, you did find a better life with good foster parents.

Why would you even doubt the choice you made? You chose to save yourself by getting out of a destructive situation. And it turned out well for you. Be proud of yourself and the courage you showed by leaving your father's house.

0 Replies