5
   

The most widely misused words today

 
 
Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 08:39 am
are socialism, fascism, Communism and communism.

The Tea Totalitarians, aka Tea Baggers, aka Tea Partiers, like to carry signs that depict Obama wearing a turban or emblazoned with a hammer-and-sickle.

I feel that they are being indoctrinated by the same forces that have destroyed capitalism here, the 'capitalists' themselves.

So, how about comparing these two videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAUPt9SX2qk&feature=related


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuPyYODSLLE



  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 2,504 • Replies: 30

 
OmSigDAVID
 
  -1  
Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 09:04 am
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:
are socialism, fascism, Communism and communism.

The Tea Totalitarians, aka Tea Baggers, aka Tea Partiers, like to carry signs that depict Obama wearing a turban or emblazoned with a hammer-and-sickle.

I feel that they are being indoctrinated by the same forces that have destroyed capitalism here, the 'capitalists' themselves.

So, how about comparing these two videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAUPt9SX2qk&feature=related


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuPyYODSLLE




I don 't get your point.
"Tea totalitarians" seems oxymoronic.
Thay are endeavoring to trample DOWN the power of government,
thru the electoral process, NOT build it UP!!!





David
Merry Andrew
 
  3  
Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 10:07 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

plainoldme wrote:
are socialism, fascism, Communism and communism.

The Tea Totalitarians, aka Tea Baggers, aka Tea Partiers, like to carry signs that depict Obama wearing a turban or emblazoned with a hammer-and-sickle.

I feel that they are being indoctrinated by the same forces that have destroyed capitalism here, the 'capitalists' themselves.

So, how about comparing these two videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAUPt9SX2qk&feature=related


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuPyYODSLLE




I don 't get your point.
"Tea totalitarians" seems oxymoronic.
Thay are endeavoring to trample DOWN the power of government,
thru the electoral process, NOT build it UP!!!





David


David, these people personify totalitarian power, regardless of and irrespective of whether or npt they represent an actual sitting government. You may recall that the National Socialists in Germany paraded their noxious beliefs and tried to implement their anti-government programs long before their leader Adolf Hitler and the party itself came into power. They, too, were trying to "trample down" the existing democratically-delected German government of their day. Would you say they were not totalitarian?
plainoldme
 
  1  
Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 10:18 am
@Merry Andrew,
Excellent come back, Andrew! I love that you chose the word personify to describe the Tea Totalitarians. So apt!
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 10:21 am
@Merry Andrew,
Merry Andrew wrote:
OmSigDAVID wrote:

plainoldme wrote:
are socialism, fascism, Communism and communism.

The Tea Totalitarians, aka Tea Baggers, aka Tea Partiers, like to carry signs that depict Obama wearing a turban or emblazoned with a hammer-and-sickle.

I feel that they are being indoctrinated by the same forces that have destroyed capitalism here, the 'capitalists' themselves.

So, how about comparing these two videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAUPt9SX2qk&feature=related


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuPyYODSLLE




I don 't get your point.
"Tea totalitarians" seems oxymoronic.
Thay are endeavoring to trample DOWN the power of government,
thru the electoral process, NOT build it UP!!!





David


David, these people personify totalitarian power,
Our argument is for government with progressively more feeble domestic jurisdiction.
YOU claim this is "totalitarian". Do u know the definition of that word??



Quote:
regardless of and irrespective of whether or npt they represent an actual sitting government. You may recall that the National Socialists in Germany paraded their noxious beliefs and tried to implement their anti-government programs long before their leader Adolf Hitler and the party itself came into power. They, too, were trying to "trample down" the existing democratically-delected German government of their day. Would you say they were not totalitarian?
Hitler did NOT say: "vote for me and kiss your freedom good-bye; I 'll give u totalitarianism."
Those who voted for him did not know what the future held.
ebrown p
 
  3  
Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 10:24 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

Thay are endeavoring to trample DOWN the power of government,


That's just what Hitler did.

((do I really need to put the smiley sarcasm indicator thing here?))
plainoldme
 
  1  
Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 10:27 am
David wrote that the Germans did not know what they were voting for!

They had already read Mein Kampf.
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 10:28 am
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:
Quote:

Thay are endeavoring to trample DOWN the power of government,


That's just what Hitler did.

((do I really need to put the smiley sarcasm indicator thing here?))
"Authority from the top down,
obedience from the bottom UP"
A. Hitler





David
plainoldme
 
  1  
Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 10:28 am
As my videos illustrate, palin and hitler share a very similar oratorical style.
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 10:30 am
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:
David wrote that the Germans did not know what they were voting for!

They had already read Mein Kampf.
WHERE in Mein Kampf did it say that "if u vote for ME,
I 'll screw u out of your freedom and I 'll substitute totalitarianism"??

Will u tell us THAT ??





David
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 10:31 am
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:
As my videos illustrate, palin and hitler share a very similar oratorical style.
Nonsense; u r just mudslinging.
farmerman
 
  4  
Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 10:39 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Thay are endeavoring to trample DOWN the power of government,
thru the electoral process, NOT build it UP!!!

Just as long as you dont disagree with em. Then theyll bust in your windows, call you niggerand fag, and threaten your children with assassination.

I see.
OmSigDAVID
 
  0  
Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 10:43 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Quote:
Thay are endeavoring to trample DOWN the power of government,
thru the electoral process, NOT build it UP!!!

Just as long as you dont disagree with em. Then theyll bust in your windows, call you niggerand fag, and threaten your children with assassination.

I see.
U r just mudslinging. There 's not much merit to that, farmer.
0 Replies
 
plainoldme
 
  1  
Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 10:58 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Yes, and our current top is on Wall Street and in the boardroom.
Ceili
 
  3  
Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 10:59 am
They do teach the difference in schools don't they? I've often wondered... It rather depressing these people don't know the fundamental differences between the ideals.
plainoldme
 
  1  
Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 10:59 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Well, do you support Gungasnake calling Bill Clinton KKKLinton?

When I heard her on the radio this morning, I immediately thought of the high pitched, hysterical voice of hitler.
plainoldme
 
  1  
Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 11:02 am
@farmerman,
But, they can do that because they are of the American right with God on their side.

All during the election, I heard people (David is about to ask which people) say that they could hardly wait for the rapture to come so that the liberals and the godless could begin to clean up the mess the followers made.

One friend (should I name him? give him a pseudonym?), a co-worker, said that there will be no Second Coming because God is disgusted with the Christian right and abandoned this planet because of them.
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  0  
Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 11:05 am
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:
Yes, and our current top is on Wall Street and in the boardroom.
unintelligible

U r a teacher of some kind ?

What do u teach ?
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  0  
Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 11:09 am
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:
Well, do you support Gungasnake calling Bill Clinton KKKLinton?
He has not requested my support.
I have no information qua Clinton and the Klan together.


plainoldme wrote:
When I heard her on the radio this morning, I immediately thought of the high pitched, hysterical voice of hitler.
I thawt Hitler 's voice was gutteral.
Maybe if he'd been MORE hysterical,
he 'd have been taken for a nut and failed in politics b4 the Second World War.





David
0 Replies
 
plainoldme
 
  1  
Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 11:11 am
@Ceili,
Have you noticed how many people here argue the difference and label the Democrats/progressives/liberals/etc as fascists and socialists?

When I was in high school, we were required to take a semester of government and a semester of economics. If schools in Michigan did not have a teacher qualified to present those courses, then they could offer Constitutional History which was basically about the Founding Fathers.

When I worked as a college guide at the Henry Ford Museum, I remember coworkers who were angry that they were given what they regarded as a useless course. My college classmates had many different experiences with government and economics as high school students. The beginning course in each discipline was required by my school.

I graduated from high school in 1965 and my former husband graduated in 1960, having attended both a public high school in FL and a prep school in ME. He never had any courses in government.

My mother took civics in high school but civics is about the role of the citizen in government and not about government per se.

The teaching of government is still mixed. Many schools do not currently teach it.

My kids went to a Montessori elementary school and learned how a bill becomes a law in fifth grade, then they researched drilling in the ANWAR and presented their findings to our then Senators, Kennedy and Kerry. It was a life changing and life making experience for my daughter, now 32. The kids had government again in 8th grade in the public schools.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
  1. Forums
  2. » The most widely misused words today
Copyright © 2018 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/20/2018 at 10:08:59