how many days should it take to recover from lung reinflated and drained?

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 05:51 pm
my sisterinlaw has had lung reinflated after build up of fluid. The draining went well, the surgeon said chest xray looks good, but she is having intense pain in back right under her shoulder blade and wrapping toward the front (has changed today to a little lower actually). She is distraught with the pain and why she continues to have to take a narcotic. The chest tube was removed 2 days ago and lung is now at 99. She was expecting to come home and feel wonderful, but with all the pain and trauma associated with surgery, wouldn't it be normal to have intense pain still? I saw the darinage tube they pulled from her lung--it was 2' long and a dime size circum.! That along should be painful for a while shouldn't it? I'm staying with her and she is so upset...appreciate any help.
Thanks! Annette
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,681 • Replies: 2
No top replies

talk72000

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 06:09 pm
@AnnetteCK,
I am not sure if this will help. The cafeine in tea makes the mucous membrane wash out impurities by producing copious amount of fluid. The cafeine also seems to increase blood flow and increase alertness. You notice after drinking tea or coffee in the morning you tend to spit out the dried mucous from your breathing passages which the cafeine has cleansed. One also rid the snot built up during the night from your nose as well. This is how the body cleans the lungs. Green tea is is also a health drink so maybe taking green tea would help the lungs and provide other health benefits.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 07:45 pm
@AnnetteCK,
7-10 days
0 Replies