Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,791 • Replies: 31
No top replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 05:47 am
These are the people running the world.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 05:48 am
Whilst walking in the woods one fine day I chanced upon what I thought might have been a nest of angry hornets. I wasn't exactly sure it was a nest of angry hornets, but I needed to be sure, becuase a nest of angry hornets is something that should not be allowed.

So I gave it a good kick. I was right! It was a nest of angry hornets.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 06:20 am
The Killers
W is now calling the resistance fighters killers instead of the evil doers. The missles and such that rained down on the Iraqie people didn't kill any of them? W has no blood on his hands? Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Rezman

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 10:35 am
Re: The Killers
pistoff wrote:
W is now calling the resistance fighters killers instead of the evil doers. The missles and such that rained down on the Iraqie people didn't kill any of them? W has no blood on his hands? Evil or Very Mad

So the US should have let Saddam remain in power? I'm willing to bet our weapons killed far fewer innocent Iraqis than would have died by the hand of Saddam and his henchmen this year.
A majority of the Iraqi people are happy with America and think they are better off than they were under Saddam. Apparently many of these terrorists are coming in from Iran and Syria. I would rather our soldiers be fighting them over there than they be attacking our populace over here.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 12:35 pm
Rez, It doesn't hurt to think before you post.

Your post has some rather blatant lapses in reason.

First, we have a good idea how many people Saddam and his henchmen killed each year before. It is nowhere near the estimated 13,000 people killed by the US the war. But then, Saddam wasn't dropping bunker busting bombs on anyone.

Second, not even Bush himself would say that "majority of the Iraqi people are happy with America". This is clearly not true.

Third, The Iraqis have never attacked the US, nor has this even been a threat.

Please engage brain before posting.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 01:12 pm
Anybody else see the video last nite on TV that was given to us by an Iraqi showing Saddam's henchmen beheading people, chopping off fingers, cutting out tounges, throwing people off buildings onto concrete, beating people in the back etc.? This was all done in public in front of men women and children, and military as a lesson to them to obey Saddam or recieve the same fate. Grizzly.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 01:18 pm
Next he will propose a Ministry of Truth.
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 01:34 pm
Brand X wrote:
Anybody else see the video last nite on TV that was given to us by an Iraqi showing Saddam's henchmen beheading people, chopping off fingers, cutting out tounges, throwing people off buildings onto concrete, beating people in the back etc.? This was all done in public in front of men women and children, and military as a lesson to them to obey Saddam or recieve the same fate. Grizzly.

At least Bush has the decency to ensure it only happens in private, where the media cannot see or find out about it ..... at Quantanimo Bay. Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 09:46 pm
Brand-X<

I saw the video about which you are writing. It was truly horrible and gruesome. I don't know, however, if it was any more stomach churning than the videos of some of the people (on both sides) who have been maimed and/or murdered in our current war.

The fact that the Dubya administration was ill prepared for post-war Iraq is now obvious. It was commonly thought that this war of liberation would have Iraqis throwing down palm leaves and applauding the U.S. invasion team as it entered Baghdad.

With each death of an American soldier, Dubya's chances of actually being elected president fade into the quagmire. Too bad for daddy's boy Dubya that he failed to do his homework.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 10:09 pm
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 10:19 pm
"Anybody else see the video last nite on TV that was given to us by an Iraqi showing Saddam's henchmen beheading people, chopping off fingers, cutting out tounges, throwing people off buildings onto concrete, beating people in the back etc.? This was all done in public in front of men women and children, and military as a lesson to them to obey Saddam or recieve the same fate. Grizzly."

(...and I have a special category for people who sit and watch and then report they've seen this stuff on TV...)
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 10:19 pm
ebrown<

A World Transformed is not on my reading list. Thus, I do appreciate the excerpt you cite. It is indeed interesting!
0 Replies

Rezman

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 09:42 am
ebrown_p wrote:
Rez, It doesn't hurt to think before you post.

Your post has some rather blatant lapses in reason.

First, we have a good idea how many people Saddam and his henchmen killed each year before. It is nowhere near the estimated 13,000 people killed by the US the war. But then, Saddam wasn't dropping bunker busting bombs on anyone.

Second, not even Bush himself would say that "majority of the Iraqi people are happy with America". This is clearly not true.

Third, The Iraqis have never attacked the US, nor has this even been a threat.

Please engage brain before posting.

Wow! What an obnoxious post! Nice job there, ebrown_p.

First, do you have any sources that Saddam's regime killed fewer than 13,000 people per year over the last several years?

Second, a Zogby poll from September showed that 37% of Iraqis wanted to model their new govt after the US. Second closest competitor was Saudi Arabia, with 28%. An October Gallup poll showed that 71% of Baghdadis did not want the US to leave in the next few months.

I don't know if Saddam would ever have attacked the US. Maybe he would have if he had the chance. Maybe he would have supplied weapons and training facilities to terrorist groups. The fact is he was in violation of 12 Chapter 6 UN resolutions, and needed to be dealt with. Now that the US is there, it seems that jihadists from Syria and other countries are flocking to Iraq to fight Americans. I like this idea better than having these animals plotting attacks here in the States or against American targets in other countries.

Lastly, if you want to be taken seriously, you might rethink how you post.
Maybe this will help.
0 Replies

Rezman

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 09:44 am
ebrown_p wrote:

That's right. At the time, the only mandate we had was one to remove Iraqi forces from Kuwait. This time around our mandate was much more broad.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 10:05 am
"Mandate" my ass.
0 Replies

Rezman

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 10:08 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
"Mandate" my ass.
I am positive that nobody has a mandate on your ass.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 10:12 am
the only "mandate" that I can discern regarding our current situation in Iraq was to eliminate WoMD.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 10:16 am
0 Replies

Rezman

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 11:07 am
ebrown_p wrote:

For example your statement "The Majority of Iraqi people are happy with America". Your statistics don't at all back up this rather ridiculous statement.

I was referring to America's presence in Iraq at this time.

ebrown_p wrote:
The fact is that American kids are dying daily now in Iraq. As you say

"Now that the US is there, it seems that jihadists from Syria
and other countries are flocking to Iraq to fight Americans."

This was not happening before the Iraqi war. You really "like this better...."?

That's what I said, isn't it?

ebrown_p wrote:

(P.S. Hint: Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11.)

(P.P.S. Hint: I never said Iraq had anything to do with 9/11.)
0 Replies