Pelosi and Reid's numbers at 11 and 8 percent respectively

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2010 07:59 pm
CBS Polling:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20000937-503544.html

Quote:
Yet those who do have an opinion of the Democratic Congressional leaders don't seem to have a very good one: Pelosi and Reid are viewed unfavorably by roughly three times as many people as they are viewed favorably.

I don't really know any real nazis, if I did I'd call them and try to check this; my GUESS would be that Hitler's numbers would not only have always been better than that while he was alive, but that they're still better than this NOW...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 460 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2010 05:38 am
let's see what happens in a few months when the sky hasn't fallen, when Jesus hasn't returned, when all the horrible things the right, republicans, conservatives, the tea party idiots have been screaming about like religious fanatics haven't happened and life is pretty much going on as usual aside from the fact the fact that not enough, but some, healthcare benefits are in place and working.

Americans have a short memory and the only way the repubs win on this one is if something horrible happens to further degrade our economy or if bloody civil unrest breaks out. At the rate we're going there will be no doubt except to the MOST ignorant, either purposefully or otherwise that the republicnas will own that and history will remember they were instrumental in stirring it up, placing political advantage and hate mongering over the welfare of it's citizens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmaKRwUoAIU&feature=PlayList&p=65DB025551E513B8&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=50
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2010 08:28 am
Basically a leftwing major program shoved down the throats of a non leftwing nation, and highly likely to be taken down in courts before you even get to the next elections:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/HealthCare/obama-sign-health-care-bill-law-republicans-challenge/story?id=10176898
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2010 10:06 am
well sure... in this country you can take McDonalds to court for spilling hot coffee in your lap
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2010 10:43 am
@gungasnake,
gunga, you conveniently omitted this part of the quote on the poll.

Quote:
Most Americans don't have an opinion about House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, a new CBS News poll finds,

Most Americans just don't know enough about either Pelosi or Reid to have formed an opinion. So, I'm inclined to not put any great weight on their negative poll numbers. I'd certainly expect Republicans not to have a positive view of these two effective Democratic leaders--they constitute a threat to the Republican agenda of blocking legislation.

I think the health insurance reform legislation will help to cast a more favorable spotlight on Nancy Pelosi. She is the first female Speaker of the House, and she has just demonstrated that she is a very strong and capable leader. This sends an important message about the effectiveness of women in major governing and leadership positions. This message certainly resonates with American women, who do feel pride in seeing a capable woman break through another glass ceiling. And, at the very least, it causes men to sit up and take notice. As her role becomes more apparent to the American people, and they learn more about her, I do think her positive poll numbers will rise.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2010 03:32 pm
That 8% musta been Harry's relatives.
gungasnake

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2010 04:20 pm
@Irishk,
Like I said, Hitler always had better numbers than that, likely still does...
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2010 04:21 pm
@Irishk,
In fact it wouldn't surprise me if Judas Iscariat and Nero still had better numbes than that.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2010 05:34 pm
In fact, Papa Doc Duvalier's numbers are likely still better than that...
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 02:43 pm
Who cares about the little stuff. We passed health care!
0 Replies