Is Evolution a Dangerous Idea? If so, why?

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 11:13 pm
@farmerman,
It was a particularly vicious and dirty war on some of those threads. I have to admit I was a sorry ass on there. I don't recall which poster tried the recruiting.
mesquite

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 11:56 pm
@edgarblythe,
If I recall correctly one recruiting blitz was instigated by MoAn who later became AM. The recruits were called warriors but they had little skills or ammo.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 06:00 am
@mesquite,
Much like the current influx.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Tue 29 May, 2018 08:09 am
@spendius,
OMG did you have him pegged!
farmerman

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2018 09:53 pm
@Leadfoot,
I miss spendi. He knew very little about the subject but that gve him a strait on attack mode that at least gets one thinking about their delivery. He used the "win every argument's"5 tips quite well

Spendi was kind of a self described " "hobo" who had a routine that involved 2 pints of brew an evening and betting some sport in the UK, probably soccer Twisted Evil

He just disappeared about 2 yeqrs ago and better wisdom said that he died. He was in his 70's
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2018 10:34 pm
@farmerman,
Yea, I was a fan of spendi, and read all his posts. Kinda miss the guy even though many of us was hard on the guy.
0 Replies

Agent1741

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2018 11:00 pm
It is when we constantly develop new ways of killing & yet we still cannot learn to tolerate each other & have not learnt from the past not to repeat previous mistakes!
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2018 07:53 am
Evolution (the idea of viewing your fellow man as a meat byproduct of random events rather than as a fellow child of God) was the philosophical corner stoneof Nazism, Communism, and all the eugenics programs.

Dangerous idea?? The only other idea AS dangerous in recorded history is I-slam.
hightor

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2018 08:39 am
@gungasnake,
The only trouble is that the theory of evolution based on natural selection is not "the idea of viewing your fellow man as a meat byproduct of random events rather than as a fellow child of God". The theory of evolution by natural selection suggests that all living things are our fellow children of God.
farmerman

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2018 08:55 am
@gungasnake,
One of the empty headed assertions about evolution. Your god must really like to represent all "underachievers for Jesus"
Leadfoot

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2018 02:44 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
The theory of evolution by natural selection suggests that all living things are our fellow children of God.

Nothing like betting on both sides to insure a win, huh..

Gonna go hang with my fellow cactus brothers now.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2018 05:55 pm
@Leadfoot,
The lead got to your brain.
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2018 06:54 am
@cicerone imposter,
No CI! Its the weed man! I tell ya, the dude was right! We are all brother sister sons of God! Embrace your sister Maryjane!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2018 11:31 am
@farmerman,
Well, yea. Jesus loves me this I know, for the bible tells me so....
Those who do not believe better watch out, cause god told me to kill all unbelievers.
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2018 08:19 am
@cicerone imposter,
You got a Bible verse to cover that?
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2018 11:09 am
@Leadfoot,
Deuteronomy 17
[quote]If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded;
17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.[/quote]
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2018 08:49 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Deuteronomy 17
Quote:
If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel;17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

First, this was Moses talking, not God. The Bible is not 'the word of God' nor does it claim to be. Moses doesn't even say God told him this. If you read the book you'd know that Moses was kind of a bumbling, incoherent man who didn't want the job of leading Israel. He admitted himself that he wasn't fit for the job. God has a really hard time finding men to do his will, he has to use what's available. Sometimes he has to hire misogynist, homophobic, stuborn old men who introduce their own biases. Here, Moses in his zeal to express what a mistake it is to worship other gods (sun, moon, etc) got carried away. Lot's of preachers today do it too.

If you have a hard time understanding the old testament, Jesus gave a clarifying statement in order to test your interpretation of anything in it. He said 'All the law (old testament) is fulfilled in these two laws I give you: Love God with all your heart, mind and soul and love others as you love yourself.'

If your understanding of anything in the book conflicts with this, either the author got it wrong or you aren't seeing it correctly.

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2018 10:28 am
@cicerone imposter,
https://www.quora.com/Was-Moses-a-prophet-of-God
It depends on whether you believe in god.

Michael Masiello, I'm an atheist with an uncommon respect for religious traditions.
Answered Jan 14, 2017
According to all the Abrahamic faiths — Judaism, Christianity, Islam — Moses is a great prophet indeed. He’s the fellow God speaks to from the burning bush (and to whom he reveals his name, YHWH), who leads the Jewish people out of captivity in Egypt and through the wilderness for forty years, who receives the tablets of the Decalogue, who gazes on God’s “back parts” with his mortal eyes; at the Transfiguration he’s there to talk to Jesus. So, kind of a big deal.

There is no historical evidence Moses existed, nor any historical evidence the exodus ever occurred, let alone the Transfiguration.

There is no evidence for the existence of “god.”
Leadfoot

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2018 10:26 am
@cicerone imposter,
Hey, you changed the subject. We were talking about what it said, not whether it was true. But...

Hmmm.... Why am I not surprised that you take the word of an atheist over mine, even when it’s about Bible characters?

I also think it’s hilarious that atheists laugh about Biblical timeframes being unbelievable and then using those same timeframes to look for historical evidence. If the assumed time frames are wrong, then obviously the historical evidence will not match up.

There are books written on the subject but the gist is that if you shift the assumed timeframe over something like 1200 years, the historical evidence then fits. Not an expert myself, that’s just what the guys that study this say. But then again, that’s the same reason you believe in evolution.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2018 11:10 am
@Leadfoot,
That's what you call evidence to the contrary of god's message. Tell me, Leadfoot, when did the world flood occur? Provide evidence.
0 Replies