Is Evolution a Dangerous Idea? If so, why?

farmerman

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 06:42 am
@Setanta,
They are still pushing the contracted Pre Cambrian/Cambrian boundary which was popular in the years befoire more reasonable evidence had shown that this peeriod extended well back into the Vendean.

Id love to be on the podium with these clowns cause Im not hindered in any fashion by any "rules of politeness"

"What part of geophysics did you flunk moron"? I would open my statement with that grabber to Dr Myers and Dr Austen
spendius

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 06:58 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
we wonder where the next "whackamole" of Creationsist and ID thought is gonna spring up to interfere with good education.

I can't imagine any intelligent person taking the slightest notice of anybody who simply cannot stop himself from making such futile and stupid remarks. Evolution is self evidently a dangerous idea if it causes that sort of discourse because such discourse alienates the speaker and alienation is a bad thing.

What is a "good" education? It is surely one which serves the society that pays for it to the maximum advantage and if a society consists solely of people who each have their own definition of what a good education is then there cannot be anything else but competition between individuals who are all alienated from each other. Any solidarity between evolutionists is an illusion based upon having religion to attack. Destroy the religion and they will all be fighting like rats in a sack about what a good education is all over again.

Quote:
I dont recall ANY real scientific efforts to disprove the existence of a GOD, where would you start?.

A pointless statement. There is no chance of disproving the existence of God. Never has been and never will be. The proof of God from complexity and awestruck wonder is admittedly circumstantial but it has a lot more going for it than an impossibility. A possible explanation, as any detective will tell you, is superior to an impossible explanation. The alternative is to cease to bother about explanations which most people consider to be inhuman. Given the scientific fact that the human species does seek an explanation it would be ridiculous to expect it to go for an impossible one. Especially when a possible explanation can be used to assist the organisation of a group in its search for survival and progress.

Your running away like a chicken from my posts fm should tell everybody all they need to know about your fears and isolation. And if that doesn't then your continual use of certain words such as "good", "vain", "illiterate", with its tacit assumption that you are literate when I think you can't be said to be able to read or write properly, "pixie tales", when the President is sworn in on two Bibles and the Democrat's top brass were all seen in church, "voodoo", "rubes", your fellow Americans, "fraud" and "whackamole". Your scientific disinterest does not exist.

And how many times do you need telling that Dover was a sham to protect the sensibilities of the participants and the spectators and to rifle a million or so $$$$s out of wherever they could be rifled.

Quote:
Yet, Creation "scientists" had been busy actually trying to twist good geological science to convince the rubes that they have found an ark on Mt Ararat.

That sort of thing has nothing to do with whether evolution is a dangerous idea. All it shows is that the existence of the "Creation scientists" who do what you say they are doing is a necessary condition to facilitate your rantings. What such people do, or are asserted to do, is neither here nor there in an intellectual debate. The notion that evolution is a dangerous idea is a sociological, psychological and economic problem. It has nothing to do with what the Creation scientists do or say. It is a completely scientific matter. Which train to catch type of thing.

Your Achilles' heel is your gibbering fear of discussing social consequences and that puts you outside the room where serious debate takes place as I have been telling you for six ******* years. And you won't have it because it scares you.

You're like a street furniture vandal who can only do what he does because only a few do it.

And Setanta is reduced to spitting feathers.
farmerman

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 07:09 am
@spendius,
Quote:
A pointless statement. There is no chance of disproving the existence of God. Never has been and never will be.
Then you should adress your comment to Aonus, since apparently you agree with me and hes the one all excited that we atheists have been trying to disprove god as a scientific experiment. Try to follow along or put the bottle down you old sot.

Quote:
Your running away like a chicken from my posts fm should tell everybody all they need to know about your fears and isolation.
It is evident from this clip, that you are mostly interested in preening your feathers and being the center of the conversation. Rarely do you have anything worth reading, and when you do infrequently post something relevant, I am one of the few who will accost your POV's and address them logically until you go off on your next "consciousness vacation"

Quote:
Quote:
Your Achilles' heel is your gibbering fear of discussing social consequences and that puts you outside the room where serious debate takes place as I have been telling you for six ******* years. And you won't have it because it scares you
You flatter yourself old piece. In the last several years , I and several others have challenged you to start your own thread with that premise. Im certain that Id join in. Your miserable little existence seems hell bent on trying to wedge yourself into every thread , jocky the subject around to your limited viewpoint, and by ddoing so, attempt to focus the thread upon yourself.Deny as you wish, it interests me not

Narcissistic? Spendi? maybe a bit.
spendius

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 07:13 am
@spendius,
Where are the Scientific creationists on this thread fm?

Why do you continually bring in your own sitting ducks who are not here to answer your posts? Is it because you can't find sitting ducks here?

Ionus had not been on the threads two minutes and simply because he offered a measure of agreement with me you were advising us to "get a room". And neither he nor myself have ever advised you and Setanta to "get a room".

Anybody who takes any notice of you fm is out of his senses. You have obviously spent far too much time in the company of lesser mortals and it's become a habit. A very bad habit too.

You're a lapsed Catholic and the need to justify your lapse is driving your emotions. All apostates are like that.
farmerman

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 07:18 am
@spendius,
Quote:
You're a lapsed Catholic and the need to justify your lapse is driving your emotions. All apostates are like that.
. I will be biurned at the stake thisa very afternoon in your honor. What wine ahould we serve?
spendius

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 07:23 am
@farmerman,
Evolution is a dangerous idea because it can be used to discredit and destroy the Christian religion.

Do you want the Christian religion to be destroyed fm? And salt sowed in its foundations.

Let's be knowing.
Setanta

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 07:28 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
"What part of geophysics did you flunk moron"? I would open my statement with that grabber to Dr Myers and Dr Austen

I don't think Austen flunked anything. I think he's just a liar. I don't even think he's a moron. I suspect he's making a nice chunk of change on the creationist rubber chicken circuit. When you look at a lot of these clowns, they do "real science" when it comes to their professional lives, and then they go out and preach the good word to the suckers who pony up to pay their $25.00 or more to hear what they want to hear.
saab

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 07:40 am
@spendius,
Evolution cannot destroy Christianity.
The majority of Christians believe in evolution.
Only a small % ( around 20%) of Evangelic Christians , Mormons and Jehovas Witnesses believe in evolution.
Then again Mormons and jehovas Witnesses are not really Christians in that sence as they do not believe in Jesus as God´s son. So that counts them out.
Ionus

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 07:46 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
I dont recall ANY real scientific efforts to disprove the existence of a GOD,
I agree with that, but you have moved the goal posts. I was responding to :
Quote:
Therefore, of course science does not concern itself with the supernatural.
By reply I said :
Quote:
Never heard of scientific attempts to disprove the supernatural ?
You see how you have changed the topic ?
Quote:
Our recent history is a Brunswick Stew of true believers trying to undermine the science curricula of the public school systems of our nation)not , as aonus tries to assert that science is in a cabal to disprove god). This infiltration of our curricula with pixie-tales is the biggest , most recent example of the danger that seems to elude the mind of Aonus.

Perhaps you forgot what was actually said. See above Gomer....
Quote:
Im an atheist because, like set said, it means without religion.
Will you be changing the meaning of any other words ?
I would admit to agreeing with most of what you said if I thought you were capable of any common courtesy, as you are not, I will simply tell you to try not to be scared of religion. Clearly you have lived too long away from people and are way past your prime.
Setanta

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 07:47 am
@saab,
Jesus wept . . . what kind of reading comprehension do you have? No one here who accepts the theory of evolution has stated that one of the goals of the theory is to destroy Christianity.

You know, you are a perfect example of what i've been saying right along. It's the religionists who have got their little lace panties in a twist because they seem to think that a theory of evolution is anti-religion by intent. Do you ever pay attention when you read threads?
Ionus

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 07:47 am
@saab,
Quote:
I have not one single time denied evolution.
Neither have I...but they live in great fear, these "men" Very Happy of science.
Quote:
One can believe in a Creator as well as evolution.
Most Christians in the world do...but these are amerocentric fools disliked by their own people.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 07:54 am
When someone makes a claim that a "supernatural" event has occurred or that a "supernatural" condition exists, and someone uses science to demonstrate that the claimant is full of horsie poop, that is not a case of science dealing with the supernatural. That is a case of science demonstrating a naturalistic cause, and therefore exposing a snake oil salesman--not unlike many of the gobshites who infest this thread.
Ionus

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 07:54 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
WHen one presents an entire conference from a premise that is based upon false assumption and bogus conclusions, what's left to debate?
Why are you afraid to let science handle a little criticism ? Religion handles foolish attacks all the time.
Ionus

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 07:58 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Id love to be on the podium with these clowns cause Im not hindered in any fashion by any "rules of politeness"
Spendy...this should be your new sig line...talk about stating the obvious...he must come from that part of america where a lack of manners is tough and manly...I bet if I were in the same room as him he would **** his pants.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 08:01 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Then you should adress your comment to Aonus, since apparently you agree with me and hes the one all excited that we atheists have been trying to disprove god as a scientific experiment.
Gomer, your brain has left you for a better position. You can not read.

Quote:
Rarely do you have anything worth reading,
Nothing but your opinion and it might be promoting it even to just ignore it. Perhaps we should do a survey Gomer, and see who likes to read your dribble.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 08:03 am
@spendius,
Quote:
I used to have a hard on during Easter Sunday Mass what with all the girls looking so pretty and all and singing such beautiful songs to welcome the mating season.

An excellent example of the, ahem, uplifting effects of belief in the completely unbelievable.
Ionus

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 08:04 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You're a lapsed Catholic and the need to justify your lapse is driving your emotions. All apostates are like that. .
I will be biurned at the stake thisa very afternoon in your honor. What wine ahould we serve?
You do show a great deal of fear. So what if you have to defend science ? Isnt that a rather easy task ? Or are you afraid because of your lack of knowledge or that Christian Americans have more power ?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 08:05 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
I don't think Austen flunked anything. I think he's just a liar. I don't even think he's a moron. I suspect he's making a nice chunk of change on the creationist rubber chicken circuit.
A very good point. Many of these so called supporters of creationism are out to make a fast buck and they have no scrupples as to how they do that .
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 08:07 am
@Ionus,
I can tell Im getting on your "battle" frax=zzled nerves old fart, you gradually engage in ad hominems as your only defense. You are a great flightless bird Aonus,a wonder to watch as you revile others yet you seem to be empty of anything substantive with which to forward any conversations .
A happy easter to you old girl.
farmerman

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 08:09 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
Why are you afraid to let science handle a little criticism ? Religion handles foolish attacks all the time.
Bring it on bunky, youve been shooting blanks so far. Whenever you can manage a simple fact with declarative senetnces, lemme know, Im gonna go and have some breakfast now.
0 Replies