Pet Peeves about driving

Seed

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 08:05 pm
So I can't stand bad drivers. I am in no way saying that I am the best driver in the world at all. But Some people do not even follow the basic standards set forth in driving.

My number one Pet Peeve is:
When you are turning, turn into the same lane. I don't care if the other lane is open and free. That is not your lane, and it prevents me from merge into traffic when you don't turn into your own lane.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,131 • Replies: 2
No top replies

roger

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 08:25 pm
@Seed,
That has to be very close to the top of my own list. On the theory that no two cars can occupy the same space at the same time, it makes driving really tricky.

Also way up there are people who come to an almost complete stop when turning right. There is an art to this kind of turn. You begin turning the wheel, and when the turn is roughly half complete, you sort of ease into the brake pedal. This keeps the front turning, but the rear comes to almost a total stop. Actually, with the late model Toyotas, this one could get interesting.

I really feel like an alert driver should be able to predict traffic movements a few seconds ahead of time. When this one can't, he gets a bit antsy.
Seed

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 08:37 pm
@roger,
Oh yea, I hate that too. I understand that people might forget they are turning into a drive way or something, and don't put their signal own, but I hate it when they put the signal on right as they are turning, like mid turn. It's useless and makes me feel stupid for even seeing it.

If you are going to pass me, please pass me and continue on at the speed at which you passed me. Please do not pass me and the proceed to slow down to a speed at which causes me to have to pass you. It is annoying and makes me want to spin you out. But I don't because I am a good driver.
0 Replies