We are a ways away = we have a quite long way to go?

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 09:40 pm
Context:

Dr. Atri said that the study raises questions that need to be addressed further, including the effect of antidementia medications, vitamins and dietary supplements, vascular risk factors, behavioral symptoms, physical findings, especially parkinsonism and extrapyramidal signs, and genetic susceptibility factors, such as APOE-e4 status.

We are a ways away still, but we desperately need to be wiser and more efficient in our approaches to gathering and using clinical data," Dr. Atri said. "I agree that clinical trials should heed Dr. Doody’s findings and incorporate more data and approaches like this to minimize risk of imbalances between or within treatment groups that can easily obscure signals of efficacy in Alzheimer's disease trials.”
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 942 • Replies: 4
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 09:47 pm
@oristarA,
Sounds good to me!!!
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 10:26 pm
That's just what it means.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 10:29 pm
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:
Context:

Dr. Atri said that the study raises questions that need to be addressed further, including the effect of antidementia medications, vitamins and dietary supplements, vascular risk factors, behavioral symptoms, physical findings, especially parkinsonism and extrapyramidal signs, and genetic susceptibility factors, such as APOE-e4 status.

We are a way away still, but we desperately need to be wiser and more efficient in our approaches to gathering and using clinical data," Dr. Atri said. "I agree that clinical trials should heed Dr. Doody’s findings and incorporate more data and approaches like this to minimize risk of imbalances between or within treatment groups that can easily obscure signals of efficacy in Alzheimer's disease trials.”

We are a substantial distance away
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 09:04 am
Thank you
0 Replies