Rush Limbaughs Apertmant Pics......He must have been high

Amigo

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 07:41 pm
You gotta be on Heroin (oxycontin) to decorate like this;

LOOK AT THE PHOTOS

http://www.housingwatch.com/2010/03/03/rush-limbaugh-to-sell-manhattan-penthouse/?icid=main|

ossobuco

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 08:01 pm
@Amigo,
Not my taste, although I can like well done extravaganza foofoo decor (not that this is) when it fits historically with the building architecture, bla bla bla.
Interesting view into his tastes, or at least his decorator's.
boomerang

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 08:34 pm
That's not "high" style.

I call that hired decorator generic new-money blah.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 08:36 pm
@Amigo,
What's the problem?

I partiicularly like the bathroom with the TV set up on the wall.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 08:37 pm
tacky. looks like a cheap hotel room with pretensions.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 09:08 pm
I doubt it is anything like it was when he was living there. Looks like it has been staged for the open house tours.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 09:08 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Merry Andrew wrote:
What's the problem?

Everything's overdone. Scale all that back by more than half and it'd look great.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 09:18 pm
AAAAAAGHHHH!
MY EYES! MY EYES!!!!!

Holy ****, the (what he must call) "Blue Bedroom" is enough to make me have to lie down with a cool cloth on my head.

Marie Antoinette meets the Love Boat.

The living room...I had to look for a moment to see if that was a mirrored wall, or if he owned two fugly sofas.
I was fooled momentarily by the fact he had 2 inappropriately placed chairs in front of the fireplace.

Yes, let's relax in front of the fire in these 2 upright chairs I aquired from the lobby of a nursing home.

The only thing that could make that room more atrocious is if there was vinyl covering on the furniture.
I'm surprised there isn't, since there's also all those ceiling murals, reminescent of some elderly nonni's house.

Has this man never heard of proportion?

Amigo

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 09:20 pm
@Merry Andrew,
It looks like my grandma dropped acid and sombody gave her a no limit creditcard
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 09:21 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

AAAAAAGHHHH!
MY EYES! MY EYES!!!!!

Holy ****, the (what he must call) "Blue Bedroom" is enough to make me have to lie down with a cool cloth on my head.

Marie Antoinette meets the Love Boat.

The living room...I had to look for a moment to see if that was a mirrored wall, or if he owned two fugly sofas.
I was fooled momentarily by the fact he had 2 inappropriately placed chairs in front of the fireplace.

Yes, let's relax in front of the fire in these 2 upright chairs I aquired from the lobby of a nursing home.

The only thing that could make that room more atrocious is if there was vinyl covering on the furniture.
I'm surprised there isn't, since there's also all those ceiling murals, reminescent of some elderly nonni's house.

Has this man never heard of proportion?

Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 09:27 pm
I agree with Butterfly that it's staged by a decorator who specializes in these things. I've seen warehouses filled with similar furniture that's meant to convey "garden variety filthy rich - picture yourself here". I'm sure that Louis XVI desk has seen many a Manhattan freight elevator. I can't criticize, I sometimes do the same thing to the exteriors of a property, mostly when people need to sell quickly or a place has been abandoned for awhile. I once did three houses in a short period of time and they all ended up on the local MLS real estate sites. If someone looked close enough they would have seen the same sculpture and planted up pottery throughout the three gardens. We only did the staging for the photography and not for the long term (it's a lot cheaper that way), and it was easier to tweak a few things than start from scratch at each location.
chai2

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 09:39 pm
whoo wee....that doesn't "convey garden variety filthy rich."

That conveys "I'm an utter cretin with no taste"

This house was staged?

Are you implying it usually didn't look this nice?

Green Witch

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 09:58 pm
@chai2,
No way to know what was original and what was carried in. When people like Limbaugh sell their homes they remove almost all personal items and have stagers fill in the blanks. Putting your home on the market opens the door to the outside world. Although prospective buyers are screened before viewing places like this you never know if someone might give into the temptation of lifting a little souvenir. I've had real estate agents let me into a house to look out of windows at views, sometimes I have an assistant with me. No one frisks me on the way out or does a background check on my guy carrying the tape measurer. I'm sure there are other people given access who aren't screened, and a celebrity might not want to see their toothbrush or decorative sofa pillow up on Ebay. I think staging is the norm in these situations.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 10:00 pm
You do have to admit that the views are super cool.
Amigo

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 11:09 pm
@Green Witch,
There is no way a decorator did that to sell the house. Those murals were there. That would lower the cance of saling....A place thet looks like that?!

I'd pay somebody to haul all that **** out of there.
Green Witch

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 11:17 pm
@Amigo,
True, a stager would not paint murals and they would not do a room with palm trees, but I still think someone was editing and fluffing the set. This is not an untypical look for the neighborhood, and if you think this is garish and over the top you haven't peaked in many upper Eastside apartments. More probably look like this than don't. As much I loath the owner, I have to place the blame on a decorator.
dlowan

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 11:23 pm
@Amigo,
Vomitous.

If staged, still vomitous.

0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 11:28 pm
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:

You do have to admit that the views are super cool.

Oh my yes...but all that awful curtaining and furniture gets in the way.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 11:46 pm
It was quite evident the furnishings were not Rush's because of the lack of a trough.
dlowan

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 02:00 am
@gustavratzenhofer,
We have a winner!
0 Replies