Rush Limbaughs Apertmant Pics......He must have been high

aidan

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 02:20 am
@Amigo,
I could only see the living room - the rest of the photo gallery was not available for my viewing.

But from the living room - I'd say his decorating style/taste is 'early republican white house'...I know I've seen a set of sofas like that in some interior white house photo or other.

I was wondering though - what are those things on the glass coffee table in the foreground? Are those china flower arrangements? Is he married?

I've always known something was off about this guy - now it's confirmed.

But yeah - interesting. It'd be an interesting game to have photos of a house or interior and have to match it to the owner.

I'd not have pegged the room I saw as Rush Limbaugh's- I'd have picked Richard and PAT Nixon (emphasis on the Pat) for that room.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 03:13 am
@Green Witch,
I guess you are right. I will take your word on it. Especially since I do not know somebody that knows somebody that knows somebody that would consider inviting me into an upper Eastside apartment.

It looks spectacular.
Amigo

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 03:47 am
Who The hell lives in places like this!?!?!?
aidan

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 03:55 am
@Amigo,
Apparently Rush Limbaugh does - but I guess his new wife doesn't want to. He's going on to number FOUR (I googled it) - so much for conservative family values and the sanctity of marriage - I bet he stumbles a bit over that phrase when he's knocking homosexuality and their desire for marriage - Yeah - Rush wants to keep it sanctified- give me a break.

It's a great space (that living room) but I'd strip the whole thing- it's dated. What a prissy little fireplace surround and mantle - it doesn't even look real. All of the mouldings would need to go and I don't even like that herringbone weave wood floor. You could do something really interesting with those indentations in the ceiling though.

But I'm fascinated by those porcelain or china flower arrangements on the coffee table. I wonder if Rush picked those out himself.
Laughing Laughing
dlowan

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 05:11 am
@Amigo,
Rush Limbaugh already!
Amigo

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 05:26 am
@aidan,
You see more then I do...but when you say it, I see it too.

It's too much for my brain. I grew up with practical suroundings (very practical).
Amigo

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 05:28 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

Rush Limbaugh already!
Rush Limbaugh: American Prophet
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 05:28 am
@Amigo,
It actually look like the inside of an RV. The living room even seems to hve a slide-out .
aidan

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 05:33 am
@Amigo,
Quote:
I grew up with practical suroundings (very practical).
I did too - that's why all that fussy stuff catches my eye and grates on my nerves. Too many lines and demarcations/ too much going on.

If a designer did this - they were a bad designer.
I do like to look at houses. My first thought is always - which wall would I knock down or what would I get rid of to open this thing up to space and light.

Amigo

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 05:34 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

It actually look like the inside of an RV. The living room even seems to hve a slide-out .
I think I know what you are saying except that I have had alot of vodka. That area is way to big for a RV.
Rockhead

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 05:35 am
@Amigo,
you watching the sun rise, Amigo?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 05:37 am
I was going to say the same thing as boomer. Stuffy new money no care to design etc..

but , I too know people who do those kinds of decorations for show on homes and yeah.... they can be tacky. But the point isnt to make you look at the furniture, the point is to stage a room to look its maximum size with an appealing color to make you feel comfortable. Who ever THIS designer is needs to retake his lessons. That style will only cater to others like him, or half blind grandmothers. Since this is a very public sale now, he may have just pushed away many potential buyers.
Your design should be neutral unless you are specifically catering to only one type of person.

Im also not one for opening my window and seeing into another building. Why would I pay several million for that? Do people not think about that? there is that one bedroom, open the window and you see wall.. What ......the...? You might as well be living on the bottom then..

I dont think this is at all what it looked like when he lived there. Though those ceilings make me think of some kind of room where a person is going to stand over me telling me ' It puts the lotion on its skin" ...............
Amigo

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 05:38 am
@aidan,
aidan wrote:

Quote:
I grew up with practical suroundings (very practical).
I did too - that's why all that fussy stuff catches my eye and grates on my nerves. Too many lines and demarcations/ too much going on.

If a designer did this - they were a bad designer.
I do like to look at houses. My first thought is always - which wall would I knock down or what would I get rid of to open this thing up to space and light.

"Knock down a wall !" That is always my first recomendation.

Everytime they have let me do it.....The property owner has liked it.

I'll put my word on it.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 05:39 am
@shewolfnm,
shewolfnm wrote:

Though those ceilings make me think of some kind of room where a person is going to stand over me telling me ' It puts the lotion on its skin" ...............

Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 05:41 am
@gustavratzenhofer,
gustavratzenhofer wrote:

It was quite evident the furnishings were not Rush's because of the lack of a trough.

Yes, it was there, right next to the shower.
Green Witch

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 08:17 am
@Amigo,
Spectacular has nothing to do with it. It's just more common than we think that rich people have no taste- even when they hire people to help them. I'm sure you would be welcome into any Eastside apartment, just remember to bring your mop, the quiet vacuum and a container of Pledge.
farmerman

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 08:25 am
still looks like an RV to me.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 08:32 am
i'm guessing that Rush (who divorced his first wife for "incompatibility") is harbouring a secret
chai2

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 09:23 am
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:

Spectacular has nothing to do with it. It's just more common than we think that rich people have no taste- even when they hire people to help them. I'm sure you would be welcome into any Eastside apartment, just remember to bring your mop, the quiet vacuum and a container of Pledge.

You must be right GW.

I googled images of Manhatten Eastside apartments, and was didn't see anything I thought was great, charming, wonderful, etc.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 09:40 am
ok, I'm not saying I like this example especially, or feel that it looks completely comfortable.

However, if you just have to have a frou frou room, at least at least this one has points of interest, coherence, a vision.

I'd get rid of one of the chairs on the left to create more space, maybe even both the chairs. I wouldn't have had that mess going on above the fireplace mantle, the thing that looks like a snow angel. Me with my love of jewel tones would throw in an accessory here or there in cobalt blue, ruby, emerald, etc. to shake things up and create interest. All that crown molding could be a little less obvious, etc.

At least it looks like a room that doesn't smell like old person.

http://www.dreamhomedesignusa.com/images/Photoshop%20Images/Classical%20double%20story%20Living%20Room%20interior.jpg