'Scuse me, I must have something in my eye...

Seed

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 09:47 pm
@Eva,
it's just something about leather jackets and bad attitudes that older guys just seem to have that drive the younger girls wild
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 10:14 pm
Now guys, don't scare me here.....
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 08:54 am
Not trying to scare you! It's just a fact that girls mature faster than boys, so it's natural they'd like boys who are a little older than themselves.
Eva

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 09:02 am
SonofEva stopped by Target on his way home from school yesterday to pick up some blank CDs. He put his favorite music on them last night, and I wish you could have seen his face this morning when he got in the car and popped them into the CD player first thing. I could hear the music at the front door as he grinned, waved, and drove off like he didn't have a care in the world.

I remember those days. Do you?

(I didn't even ask him to call me when he got to school today. I am really trying to be good. I will see him in class just before lunch, so I'll be able to see for myself that he's still in one piece then.)
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 01:28 pm
@Eva,
Oh I know that girls mature faster Wink Even my daughter asked me recently: "How come that boys my age are so immature, Mom?"

Yes I do remember when I first had my driver license, I drove to my grandparents house who lived the farthest away with my little old VW Bug,
windows open, music loud and feeling soooooo free.

As parents, we just have to remember these feelings and let our offspring
experience the same. You're handling this very well, Eva, but I think you
have raised a very responsible young man there. I probably need some
Valium to tie me over the first driving experience of my child.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 03:57 pm
Eighth grade is so funny, CJ. Most of the girls are about a foot taller than the boys. They'll catch up during the next year.

Oh, and this isn't the Valium stage. That was a few months ago when he was first learning how to drive and almost crashing into something every 50 feet. Thank God for Hubby, because I couldn't handle it. On the rare occasion when I rode with them, I cowered in the back seat with my eyes firmly closed. I only occasionally white-knuckle the arm rest these days. Smile

Seed

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 04:19 pm
@Eva,
SO you might find this kind of funny Eva. Just the other day you were upset, because you, a mother, was taking your son to get his licence. Well, today I took my mother, who is 53 to go get hers for the very first time. Oh they grow up so fast dont they.
Joe Nation

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 04:46 pm
Oh, Eva, what a day, what a time.

'tis, I'm afraid, just of the many more gates that will come now, faster than you can believe possible. Einstein said that time was relative, he forgot to mention that it always speeds up. Always.

~~~ When we drove down to Texas so that B. could join his first rock band (there's a gate!) I was doing just fine. I was. I was like some kind of parent-stone, solid and supportive, strong and proudly beaming as we toured the Dallas grocery store for his first apartment supplies.... then, over the store speakers came... (no one would script this.....)
~~
Yesterday a child came out to wonder
Caught a dragonfly inside a jar
Fearful when the sky was full of thunder
And tearful at the falling of a star

And the seasons they go round and round
And the painted ponies go up and down
We’re captive on the carousel of time
We can’t return we can only look behind
From where we came
And go round and round and round
In the circle game.

Then the child moved ten times round the seasons
Skated over ten clear frozen streams
Words like, when you’re older, must appease him
And promises of someday make his dreams

And the seasons they go round and round
And the painted ponies go up and down
We’re captive on the carousel of time
We can’t return we con only look behind
From where we came
And go round and round and roundIn the circle game.

Sixteen springs and sixteen summers gone now
Cartwheels turn to car wheels thru the town
And they tell him,Take your time, it won’t be long now
Till you drag your feet to slow the circles down.
~~~

Joe(So, now that's your song.)Nation

Eva

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 10:38 pm
@Seed,
Funnier than you think, Seed. I'm 55. Cool
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 10:40 pm
Wow, Joe, that'll make her cry for sure.

Lovely.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 10:40 pm
@Joe Nation,
The song is perfect, Joe. You always know just what to say to me.
Thank you.
0 Replies

Pillog

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2010 06:20 am
@Eva,
I wonder what its going to be like when he goes off to college... if you let him.
0 Replies