'Scuse me, I must have something in my eye...

mac11

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 04:02 pm
Yes, I can't believe that your little boy is so grown up already. And six feet tall! Hard to imagine.

Good luck Eva, I knowthat this is a hard transition to make. Well for you. And maybe a little hard for Son of Eva too.

My mom taught art at my high school. She never learned to drive, so I drove her to school every day. I never signed up for art, but I did join the Art Club because they were planning a trip to Europe for spring break.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 04:02 pm
@Eva,
Quote:
I've already checked out two or three. It's easier now with Facebook.

Hee hee.
A new utility for the modern mom.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 04:05 pm
This is a nice thread... bittersweet for sure. This will be me in only 7 years... oof....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 04:30 pm
@Eva,
Awwwwwwwwww!!!!

He sounds a darling.

I gather it never stops....even when they are looking after YOU when you get old and frail.

I gather sex is fun when it comes along (if it hasn't already.)

I remember the mother of a kid I was seeing saying (of another kid, an adolescent son, who had been caught out in the middle of his first sexual experience, or that's what he said) saying agitatedly:

"I don't know what was worse!!!! That he did it in MY bed, or that he did it in MY jeans (he'd borrowed them), or that the little bastard, after everything I've taught him, wasn't wearing a bloodyCONDOM!!!~!!!!!:

Eva

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 04:54 pm
@Seed,
It's good that you figured that out, Seed. Yes, no matter how old you get, you'll always be your mother's baby. And honestly, you don't want to lose that. My mother died a dozen years ago, and there's hardly anyone left now who remembers me when I was little.

Anyway, thank you for everything you said. I bet your mother is very proud of you. I know she would be, if she could read what you wrote.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 04:56 pm
@dlowan,
SHUT UP, deb.

This is tough enough as it is!
dlowan

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 05:16 pm
@Eva,
DON"T YOU WANT GRANDKIDS OF EVA!!!!!!???????

(Sowwy goddess... Embarrassed )

0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 05:34 pm
Not until SonofEva can support them!!!

(Apology accepted.)
Tai Chi

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 05:41 pm
@Eva,
http://www.robertmunsch.com/uploadimages/LoveYouForeverEnglish.jpg

Quote:
I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
as long as I'm living
my baby you'll be."

Can't get this Robert Munsch book out of my head now.

Congratulations Eva, your son sounds like a fine young man.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 05:44 pm
@Eva,
Congratulations on the many milestones of onofEva on his 16th birthday.

Driver's license, checking account, and a taste of driver's freedom. You should be a proud beaming mother Eva! Very Happy
Thomas

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 05:56 pm
@Eva,
Isn't this is exactly what you wanted? You could have bred yourself some loser with a bad attitude who never leaves home. But noooooo .... You wanted your son to grow into a strong, independent, yet considerate and courteous gentleman. Well, now you've got it. Tough. Additionally, he's a guy. You will never have to ruin his breakfast by checking compulsively whether he has taken his pill today or not. You've got exactly what you want and now you're crying about it.

Women. Pffft.
Eva

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 06:45 pm
@tsarstepan,
I am, tsar! I am! (In my good moments.)
He's a great guy, and I'm very proud of him.

I also know all the times that idiots have almost caused me to have a wreck, or have actually run into me, and it scares me to think of him out there on the road alone. He's a new driver, and he has to drive on the interstate with the 18-wheelers to and from school. No way around it. What mother wouldn't be nervous about that?!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 06:47 pm
@Thomas,
Ah, I see you're being the very soul of tact and sensitivity again today, Thomas.

Pffft to you, too. Wink
Thomas

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 06:53 pm
@Eva,
I considered saying my heart goes out to you, Eva, because it really does. But then I thought my quoting Ronald Reagan probably wouldn't help you feel treated tactfully and sensitively.

Anyway, despite the pitfalls brought up in the hugging thread, consider yourself hugged.
CalamityJane

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 07:04 pm
Oh Eva, how well I can relate to your emotions, although I have another 2 years of "chauffeur" duty ahead of me. Our next milestone is High School this fall *sigh* It seems that not long ago I got her ready for Kindergarten..... I miss that little girl sometimes.
Eva

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 08:41 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

...consider yourself hugged.

Oh, good! You are one of the all-time great huggers!

0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 08:44 pm
@Tai Chi,
SonofEva and I used to read that book together every night when he was little, Tai Chi. I remember when he decided he was going to grow up and buy the house next door so I wouldn't have to go clear across town to sneak into his bedroom at night and hold him like the old mother in the story. <sniff>
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 08:49 pm
@CalamityJane,
High School IS a big step, CJ. But I think girls are ready for it more so than boys. The middle school girls I teach are light years ahead of the boys in terms of maturity.
Seed

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 08:59 pm
@Eva,
Eva wrote:

High School IS a big step, CJ. But I think girls are ready for it more so than boys. The middle school girls I teach are light years ahead of the boys in terms of maturity.

Girls are ready for the work, boys are ready for the girls.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 09:44 pm
Hahaha! Yes, those boys typically go through a big growth spurt during the summer before high school. Sometimes it's hard to recognize them when they return in the fall.

The girls are ready for the boys, too. The thing is, they're ready for the older boys. (Or so they think.)