History Mystery Solved?

Letty

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 01:24 pm
I do believe it!

http://channels.netscape.com/ns/news/package.jsp?name=fte/earhartsgrave/earhartsgrave

Recently, I noticed that Clive Cussler's book, Sahara, was going to be made into a film. I love his glamorization of history, and among one of his revelations, was the story of Amelia Earhart's disappearance.

Hope this adaptation is better than Raise the Titanic.

What historical fiction books of recent vintage would you like to see made into a movie?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,248 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 01:28 pm
I want all of the Cussler's to be made into movies. The special effects have finally caught up with his imagination.

Anywho didn't Sahara say it was in Oz?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 01:33 pm
Craven, I would love to see Night Probe made into a movie, but I'm not certain what you mean by your question about Oz?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 01:35 pm
I'm not sure but I think Clive's lil' story put Amelia in Oz. Or was it Africa? I can't remember.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 01:42 pm
I read one - count it - one Clive Cussler book. He had a submarine cruising at 100 knots. That one was too high for me to see over.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 01:48 pm
Ah, his books are always a stretch, read every single one of them as a kid. But he knows subs, he works with them frequently.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 01:49 pm
Heh, heh! Craven, this is your last chance to win Cussler's "about to be released in November" book Trojan Odyssey. What is the name of the book about the Sahara desert written by Clive Cussler?

Hey, Rog. Well, my goodness. Give the man a chance. Frankly, I couldn't get through Atlantis Found. Maybe it's because Edgar Cayce found it already. Smile
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 01:50 pm
Sahara? lol

I think Sahara was one that I liked, I also liked the really crazy one about the moon colony.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 01:58 pm
Hmmmmm. Moon colony...moon colony. Don't remember that one. I do recall Abe Lincoln being in the Sahara on board the Monitor or the Merrimac. Something about his having been kidnapped. What a fertile imagination for such an arid setting. Smile
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 01:59 pm
Yeah, Abe being kidnapped was another stretch. I looked up the moon colony one, it's Cyclops.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 02:03 pm
jog my memory on that one, Craven. Only thing I can remember is the book about the ship Cyclops.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 02:08 pm
Hmm, well the books starts with a dirigible crashing into a beach hotel or somthing and the crew was all dead, and it ends up being about a secret moon colony that is in danger.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 02:19 pm
I looked it up, too, Craven. but I've read so many books about the lost ship Cyclops, that they all tend to run together. I had every one of Cussler's books, but lost them in the move to Florida.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 07:30 am
Shocked It just occurred to me, Craven. You were watching Shirley Temple and reading Cussler on the side? How did you ever get by with that? Imp then--imp now. Razz
0 Replies