Andrew Koenig

djjd62

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 05:35 pm
from twitter
GlobalNational

BREAKING NEWS: #Vancouver police believe they've found the body of actor Andrew #Koenig in Stanley Park. #yvr #growingpains #boner
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,349 • Replies: 8
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 05:43 pm
http://www.globaltvbc.com/story.html?id=2613475
Body of Andrew Koenig found in Stanley Park
Thursday, February 25, 2010 3:35 PM

Vancouver Police are investigating the discovery of a body in Stanley Park around noon today.

The body is believed to be that of Andrew Koenig, former actor on the TV series Growing Pains. Police are holding a press conference at 5 p.m. (8 p.m. EST) to discuss.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 07:59 pm
oh, that's sad Sad
chai2

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 08:01 pm
@chai2,
his parents are saying he took his own life.

even sadder.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 08:20 pm
http://news.globaltv.com/world/Body+missing+Growing+Pains+actor+found+Vancouver+Stanley+Park/2613464/story.html

VANCOUVER -- The body of missing actor Andrew Koenig was found at noon Thursday by friends and family in Stanley Park.

A group of Koenig's friends spent the morning scouring the park for any sign of Andrew. Just before noon a group of friends along with Koenig's father Walter found Koenig's body just off the park's popular Bridle Path.

"Our son took his own life," a shaken Walter Koenig told a press conference Thursday.

Police are not disclosing any details about the cause or time of death.

Koenig, 41, played the character Richard (Boner) Stabone in the 1980s TV series Growing Pains. The actor, who has a long history of depression, was visiting Vancouver and was last seen by friends on Valentine's Day, Feb. 14.

His father, Walter, who played the character Chekhov on the original Star Trek series, had appealed to the public to help find his son.

An earlier search of Stanley Park, a favourite place of Andrew's since he lived here for about three years in the early '90s, had failed to find any trace of him.

Koenig lived in Vancouver from about 1989 to 1992 after he finished his work on Growing Pains.

Koenig was last seen on Feb. 14 at a bakery near Stanley Park. He arrived in the city on Feb. 10 to visit friends and was scheduled to return to his Venice, Calif. home on Feb. 16, but never boarded the return flight. Vancouver police were notified of his disappearance on Feb. 18. The last time Koenig's phone was active was on Feb. 16.

The B.C. Coroners Service said Thursday it is investigating the death.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 08:41 pm
@djjd62,
I didn't know the show, but Rest in Peace. I feel for the father too.

Seems the son's home was in my home town of Venice.

0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 09:34 pm
i can not imagine how horrible his parents feel .

As a parent, it would destroy me to find jillian dead in the woods no matter if she wanted to die or not.

That has to be the most raw, gut wrenching pain imaginable.
I cant imagine. I simply can not imagine
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2010 12:31 pm
@djjd62,
Yeah, I heard that this morning on CKNW, and I'm sorry to see that the guy was found dead in Stanley Park. Devastating for the parents, of course.

BUT, quite frankly, to be honest, this wouldn't be news for the fact that his father was Walter Koenig and that the fact the son had been in a TV show.

Every year, homeless folks in the Lower Mainland, are found dead in various places and they never make a splash in the news. Last year here in Abbotsford this happened. Except for the local paper, you would never have known it.
djjd62

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2010 01:20 pm
@Reyn,
sad but true, it helps to have even d-list celebrity on your side
0 Replies