contractor in government

woodych

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 07:15 am
I met with a man in a party last Saturday, and he gave me his name card reading he was a contractor in the US government.What does contractor mean?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 487 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 07:33 am
A contractor is someone who provides goods or services to an individual or an organization on contract. For example, someone who is a plumber might fix your water pipes by signing a contract with you, and then doing the work for the agreed upon price. By the way, if he is a contractor, he is not in the government, it would just mean that he sells goods or provides services to the government on contract. A contract is an agreement which sets out the goods to be delivered, or the services to be provided, and the terms under which this will be accomplished, and the price to be paid.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 11:21 pm
@woodych,
woodych wrote:

I met with a man in a party last Saturday, and he gave me his name card reading he was a contractor in the US government.What does contractor mean?
A contractor is a man/company that does a job for you that you don't need done everyday but that he does everyday. so you pay him.
0 Replies

woodych

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2010 09:08 am
THANKS A LOT!
0 Replies