fatty Liver

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 03:44 am
Hi , everybody
today I understand I am suffering a disease called "fatty liver".
now I ask you What I should and should not do?
(food , exercise , rest and like these )
And Is it a dangerous illness?
Will it effect My life?
thanks a lot.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,254 • Replies: 3
No top replies

mm25075

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 12:43 pm
I've known Fatty Liver as a disease my cat had. Basically he stopped eating for a couple of days so that the fat (he was over weight) mobilized into his liver so he would nutrients to sustain him. Trouble was, cat's liver cannot handle a large amount of fat all at once, so his liver turned yellow and his other organs begam to shut down. He was vomiting and would not even try to drink water. He even began to have nuerological issues because the fat created toxins in his blood stream.

I can honestly say that the road to recovery for him was very slim. I had to force feed him small amounts of high concentrated food every two hours, gradually increasing the amount of food everyday. He also had to be hydrated through an IV every other day or so for 5 weeks until he began seeking out his own water dish again. It was no easy feat to force him to eat, but eventually the care paid off.

If you have fatty liver as a human, I'm not entirely sure the treatment is the same. Did you have Dr. diagnose it? If so, what did he/she say?
sullyfish6

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 03:13 pm
A friend of mine was diagnoised as having a fatty liver. He changed his diet and stopped drinking alcohol. Liver responded and he no longer has the problem. The liver will regenerate itself if treated right.
0 Replies

ANSWER110

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2010 11:40 pm
@mm25075,
thanks
0 Replies