HOW & WHERE IS THIS AVAILABLE?????????

lpaul

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 12:11 am
Can anyone help me in knowing, in which all places this PLX4032 is available. It would be really helpful for me. Kindly help.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,514 • Replies: 4
No top replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 12:19 am
Your request for information does not have enough information to allow us a clear picture of what your question is about.

PLX4032 appears to be a treatment for melanoma skin cancer and possibly still in clinicqal trial stage.

Quote:

Results of a phase I clinical trial of PLX4032, a highly selective BRAF-inhibitor, in cancer patients have been presented at the American Society of Clinical Oncoogy meeting in Orlando on the 1st of June. This agent is being developed by Plexxikon, a California-based biotechnology company, in partnership with Roche. Pharmaceuticals.

This treatment is in the very early stages of development and although early results are promising more trials are needed to the confirm results to see if the treatment should be used routinely for patients with advanced melanoma. There is no evidence that this treatment can cure people with advanced melanoma. There is also no role for this treatment at this point in melanoma that has been fully removed by surgery. Surgery remains the treatment of choice of early melanoma and can cure the majority of patients.

http://www.melanomapatients.org/content/view/14283/243/
lpaul

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 12:30 am
@dadpad,
Thanks for the reply. One of my relative is suffering from cancer. She is having metastatis, which have spread to some extent to brain & some parts of the bone. I wanted to know whether PLX4032 is effective for that also. I also want to know whether it is in trial process or have it been proved.

Kindly guide me.
dadpad

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 01:09 am
@lpaul,
there are no medicasl professionals at this site. I am not in a postion to advise you any further.

If you are able to use a search engine search type
PLX4032 into the search box and search for information.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 06:06 am
@lpaul,
I'd suggest contacting a large cancer treatment hospital -- some place very well-known, like Sloan-Kettering in NY, Dana Farber in Boston or the Cleveland Clinic (I know there's a comparable place in Houston, but the name escapes me). And then start asking them, see if your relative can get in for a clinical trial. The drug is very new and still in the experimental stages, although it shows great promise.

I'd Google top cancer treatment centers (I don't even know if you're in the US, sorry if I assumed incorrectly) -- here's what I found -- http://health.usnews.com/health/best-hospitals/cancer-hospital-rankings/ Personally, I'd contact them all -- what the hell -- and see if anyone can help you. Be prepared to travel. If you're in, say, New Hampshire, you may still end up going to Houston or wherever. Just go wherever they can take your relative.

I'm sorry she's so ill. I hope you can get in for a clinical trial, or at least she can get some peace. Best to you.
0 Replies