Hell awaits you son of bitch

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 07:52 pm
@Amigo,
Amigo wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

Amigo wrote:

Brandon, David

Can I assume you guys are here representing conservative Republicans and free market philosophies?

I'm here representing, "don't accuse people of things you have no evidence for."
And if something were going on the Vice president Cheney would open an investigation on Halliburton?

Amigo,
Vice-Presidents have the authority
to preside over the US Senate and to become President,
when that office is prematurely vacant. Thay have no authority to open investigations.

David
Amigo

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 08:02 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Amigo wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

Amigo wrote:

Brandon, David

Can I assume you guys are here representing conservative Republicans and free market philosophies?

I'm here representing, "don't accuse people of things you have no evidence for."
And if something were going on the Vice president Cheney would open an investigation on Halliburton?

Amigo,
when that office is prematurely vacant. Thay have no authority to open investigations.

David
vice president Cheney has no responsibility for what was going on in this video with KBR/Halliburton and other contractors;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cJlJudDtVE&feature=channel

Because he could do nothing about it?

By the way conservative Republicans are the ONLY people I have found that defend this sabotage against the American war effort.
Amigo

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 08:28 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Amigo wrote:

Brandon, David

Are you a conservative republican?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 09:05 pm
@Amigo,
Amigo wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

Amigo wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

Amigo wrote:

Brandon, David

Amigo,

David
vice president Cheney has no responsibility for what was going on in this video with KBR/Halliburton and other contractors;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cJlJudDtVE&feature=channel

Because he could do nothing about it?

By the way conservative Republicans are the ONLY people
I have found that defend this sabotage against the American war effort.
I 'm not gonna stop being a conservative Republican.
With all respect, Amigo,
u can 't learn much from videos like that.
I have spent my adult life in litigation,
which involves the process of deciding what the facts are;
who is telling the truth, who actually KNOWS what the complete relative facts are, who is being deceptive fully or in part.

NONE of the allegations on that video were subjected to cross-examination.
NONE of the motives of the speakers have been proven;
Are thay friend or foe, of whom and Y ?
Are thay really whom thay claim to be?
What do thay wish to gain by saying this ?
Was their testimony edited, that we do not know of?
If so, how, by whom and for what reason?

These allegations are not instructive; not credible.
ANYONE can claim ANYTHING about EVERYTHING.
Its anyone else 's guess how much of it is factually true.

Much of the video just had young men saying that thay do not know
a variety of things; so what ???

There are many things that I don 't know either; that 's not Richard Cheney 's fault.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 09:14 pm

Amigo,
If it is any COMFORT to u:
Richard Cheney is probably innocent of most of what u believe him guilty.

I suspect that u will not believe me.

David
Brandon9000

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 09:17 pm
@Amigo,
Amigo wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

Amigo wrote:

Brandon, David

Since he didn't work for the company when this misdeed you have accused him of took place, you need to provide some evidence he was involved, unless you wish to be criminally responsible for places you used to work if they commit crimes.
Amigo

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 09:50 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Amigo wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

Amigo wrote:

Brandon, David

Since he didn't work for the company when this misdeed you have accused him of took place, you need to provide some evidence he was involved, unless you wish to be criminally responsible for places you used to work if they commit crimes.
And thats an accurate comparison? That Cheney worked their once, at Halliburton. In the same way I worked at Mcdonalds once?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 09:53 pm
@Amigo,
Amigo wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

Amigo wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

Amigo wrote:

Brandon, David

And thats an accurate comparison?
That Cheney worked their once, at Halliburton.
In the same way I worked at Mcdonalds once?

YES. Once u and Cheney are out-the-door n gone,
the 2 corporations will do whatever thay r gonna DO, good or bad.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 10:00 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Amigo,
If it is any COMFORT to u:
Richard Cheney is probably innocent of most of what u believe him guilty.

I suspect that u will not believe me.

David
Wrong. That is not probable. The facts, common sense and the record say that something else is probable.

July 15: Newsweek publishes the article, "Halliburton CEO Says Cheney Knew About Firm's Accounting Practices" revealing that Cheney was aware that the firm was counting projected cost overrun payments as revenues.39

July 29: A New York Times article quotes Cheney about corporate fraud: "The American people can be certain that the government will fully investigate and prosecute any wrongdoers". Cheney says the reform measure will "protect investors, bring more accountability to corporations and toughen controls of the accounting industry".40

July/August: It is revealed that while Vice President Cheney was Halliburton's CEO, the number of its subsidiary companies in offshore tax havens increased from 9 (in 1995) to 44 (in 1999). One of these subsidiaries (Halliburton Products and Services Ltd.), incorporated in the Caiman Islands, is used since 2000 to get around sanctions on doing business in Iran.41 At the same time, Halliburton's federal taxes dropped dramatically from $302 million in 1998 to an $85 million rebate in 1999.42

March: Congressman Henry Waxman launches an inquiry into the fact that the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has secretly awarded a no-bid contract to KBR to extinguish oil well fires in Iraq. The contract has a huge cost ceiling of $7 billion, with additional fees of up to seven percent ($490 million). The mission and the contract have been "awarded without any competition or even notice to Congress, [… and] were entered into on March 8, but not disclosed publicly until March 24".53 This contract is open-ended. It is also a "cost-plus" contract, i.e. the company is guaranteed to recover costs plus an additional percentage of those costs as its profit. It is later revealed that the contract not only includes fighting fires, but also operating the oil fields. The administration replies to Waxman's questions on the lack of competition: "To invite other contractors to compete to perform a highly classified requirement […] would have been a wasteful duplication of effort. […] Only Kellogg Brown & Root Services […] could commence implementing the plan on extremely short notice" and "No other contractor could satisfy mission requirements in the time available".54 However, CBS reports that other qualified companies had attempted to bid on the contracts, but were shut out of the process. Bob Grace, president of GSM Consulting, after having contacted the Pentagon to inquire about the contracts, received a letter from the Department of Defense dated December 30, 2002 saying that it was "too early to speculate what might happen in the event that war breaks out in the region".55 This was "more than a month after the Army Corps of Engineers began talking to Halliburton about putting out oil well fires in Iraq",56 and in fact one month after the Secretary of Defense had granted such a contract to Halliburton.57 Furthermore, KBR did not actually put the fires out itself, but subcontracted the job to other companies: Boots & Coots International Well Control Inc., and Wild Well Control Inc.58

May 30: Twenty shareholder class-action lawsuits accusing Halliburton of using deceptive accounting practices while Dick Cheney led the company is settled for 6 million dollars. Halliburton doesn't admit to any wrongdoing.61

July 8: Following Judicial Watch's attempt to force the White House to disclose the names of nongovernmental officials who were consulted by the task force in 2001, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit affirms a lower court judge's order and thereby rejects Cheney's bid to keep all the workings of the Energy Task Force secret.62

December 2003: The Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) confirmed in a preliminary audit that Halliburton and a Kuwaiti firm, Altamnia, had overcharged the U.S. government by at least $61 million through Sept. 2003 for the cost of gasoline imported into Iraq. Halliburton's KBR unit had been charging $2.64 per gallon to transport gasoline into Iraq while its competitors were transporting gasoline for less than half that price. The DCCA formerly asked the Pentagon's inspector general to investigate the overcharges and said the fuel importation contract was given to Altanmia "under unusual circumstances."

January 16, 2004: House Democrat Henry Waxman (D-CA) discloses serious irregularities regarding Halliburton Co.'s contract to transport oil into Iraq.

January 2004: Halliburton admits in an internal memo that its cost controls for government contracts are "antiquated" and "weak" and its procurement "disorganized" and marked by "weak internal controls." The memo, which was leaked to the Wall Street Journal, contradicts the company's public statements which claim it has a "rigorous system of internal controls" for contracts in Iraq.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 10:19 pm
Senator Byron Dorgan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFd_DOzZRF4
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 10:56 pm
@Amigo,
Amigo wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

Amigo wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

Amigo wrote:

Brandon, David

And thats an accurate comparison? That Cheney worked their once, at Halliburton. In the same way I worked at Mcdonalds once?

The point is that you cannot penalize the former president of a company for things that happened after he left unless you have evidence that he was connected either with those specific things or else with general decision making.
Amigo

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 11:06 pm
@Brandon9000,
I say we can.
Brandon9000

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 11:20 pm
@Amigo,
Amigo wrote:

I say we can.

Then you're just doing what you want, without justification, and ignoring even the pretense of justice.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 11:47 pm
@Amigo,
Amigo wrote:
I say we can.
HOW? and Y ?

That is illogical (anti-logical) and immoral.

Y not just pick out someone at random
from the fone book and penalize HIM for it ??
ossobuco

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 12:26 am
I'm the last possible Cheney fan - I say this sardonically.
He was elected.
Let his legacy rest on his merits.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 06:13 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Amigo wrote:
I say we can.
HOW? and Y ?

That is illogical (anti-logical) and immoral.

Y not just pick out someone at random
from the fone book and penalize HIM for it ??

good idea

mort wiesbaum, you are in a world of hurt
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 06:17 am
@Brandon9000,
look, cheney is/was a politician, as such he is a lying, scum-sucking sociopath

like all politicians he deserves al the derision we can pile upon him

the sooner we realize that the better off we'll be

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 08:44 am

Cheney is a wonderful guy and an inspiration.
I wish I were more like him (except for the cardiac condition).
His birthday shoud be a national holiday
and we shoud give him a ton of pure gold (tax free).

David
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 10:26 am
He is a cup overflowing with
the cream of human goodness.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 10:30 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

Certainly damning. Is there any evidence that something like this happened while Cheney was at Halliburton? At the point when this video was made, he was an ex-CEO.

Cheney still holds a tremendous amount of Halliburton stock - the fact he's an ex-ceo is immaterial.

Cycloptichorn

Holding stock doesn't make someone responsible for wrongdoing by the company they hold stock in. If he had no idea whatever that they were doing something wrong (and it hasn't been shown that he did), then how is it his fault?

How can this not be obvious to you?

Cheney had/has a huge financial interest in Halliburton's success; he not only engineered the steering of giant contracts to them, he had a vested interest in making sure that they were never investigated for fraud or waste - something we KNOW took place.

If they made money, he made money.

He was in a position to ensure they made LOTS of money. Tons of it.

He did so.

And you don't see a problem there?

Cycloptichorn