pulitzer for national enquirer?

NickFun

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 10:10 am
This has gone from being a thread over the National Rag to slapping and pissing over events of world history. I suspect this disagreement had its origins outside the bounds of this thread.
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 10:17 am
@NickFun,
Nick? That hideous trend is apparent over several dozen innocuous threads here at a2k. There are several of the usual suspects behind this unnecessary bane to the a2k community. But then again, too many people are feeding these malicious attention hound minded trolls.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 10:19 am
@NickFun,
NickFun wrote:
I suspect this disagreement had its origins outside the bounds of this thread.

No ****, Sherlock. Just blame me for it, 'K?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 11:04 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
I don't ask anyone to kiss my ass, and a comment like that seems to me to be indicative of some obsession of yours, which it now appears goes back years to a comment i made which pissed you off. I suspect that i simply observed that to veterans of the Federal armies in 1865, the surrender of Joe Johnston at Durham on April 29th represented the end of the war. I'm not going to bother to look it up, because it's not important--except perhaps to you.
I state without any fear of contradiction that you seem to confuse "friendship" with sycophancy.

As far as the thread I brought up re: Joe Johnston v the Trans Mississippi Campaign. When that thread appeared, you were calling me evry name in the book . You were outraged and were (in my mind, covered with spittle). I was really concerened that I set you off on some crazy "setantrum". SO, over the years I tried to stay awy from getting you riled. I see from several therads that this isnt even a possibility . SO, what to do

1avoid you, naaah, Im starting to get a kick out of your approach to threads where someone asks for the time and you tell em how to make a watch.

2Ignore you-naah, youre not enough of a diversion

3Try to stay on your less irritated side. Naaah, I think I like being a burr.

As far as anyone else is concerned. I saw a post herein and thought it was funny. Set sounded just like spendi , what with a long post that was going nowhere. SO , in a failed attempt at humor, I let it out and set began giving me his theory of "angerless contempt". That was worth the admission price alone.

Ill back away and let the subject continue after some words from your sponsor, Set the omnivorous.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 11:15 am
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 11:22 am
@kickycan,
Quote:
But at least i've now got a good notion of what motivates you. It appears that you've been cherishing a grudge for years because i had the temerity to disagree with you. It seems that you're involved in a huge case of projection here

You would be dead wrong on that assumption sir. WHen I posted a series of passages from Jay winick and Bruce Catton re: The Trans Misissippi CAmpaign, it was you who disagreed with me in tones most uncomplimenray. You used the post to ridicule me in a fashion that I never even got from my father (who was a career sergeant major and later ran a small railroad as trainmaster and dealt with people using language that was not scholarly in the most). You are engaging in setantric revisionism at its best. I was the one who stopped the whole insult fest after I began engaging in a tit for ta with you. I saw how foolish we both looked and just quit. Yeh, I was annoyed and hurt . No more, cause I realize this is the Setanta MO.
Open fire on anyone who disagrees with you

Then with appropriate "setantingsgate",accuse them of them cheap tricks and inappropriate debate .

Im gonna really back out now cause Ive worn out my welcome and the love needs to be spread about on others who dare to visit your den before the salmon run.

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 11:24 am
@NickFun,
Quote:
This has gone from being a thread over the National Rag to slapping and pissing over events of world history. I suspect this disagreement had its origins outside the bounds of this thread.
Not really, I just thought I could visit and give the bear a jab without having to worry too much about my safety. Course bears are kinda slow this time a year and they just like to kvetch about how everyone else is putting on them.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 11:27 am
I was just wondering, does wearing ugly shoes denote that the wearer is stupid?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 11:49 am
Well, we can see what "pulling out" means to you. It is really pathetic that you're nursing a grudge after several years. Knock yourself out, though. I don't have to see you in the mirror every morning, so it's no skin off my nose.

But as for that "bear" bullshit--i'm tired of the abuse. Every time you make a snotty comment to me our about me, i'm gonna come down on your pathetic, egotistical and childish ass like a ton of bricks, and the thread be damned.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 12:16 pm
Might I suggest the two of you end your feud here and begin anew on a new thread. We have gotten too far off topic.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 04:13 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

The thread is going nowhere anyhow -

It's all Edgar's fault. Wink Laughing

You were slack-jawed, and let the flies in.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 08:19 am
@farmerman,
Did u indicate that Setanta is a female ?
I had assumed the contrary.
I 'm usually somewhat more gentle and courteous with women.
farmerman

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 11:03 am
@OmSigDAVID,
uhhh, no I did not.
0 Replies