My little plot of Soil

Seed

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 05:06 am
Feel free to talk here if you want. I am just putting aside a little space for thoughts that sit in my head. This place has become a bit of an outlet. My therapist says it's good to get things out of my head. Understandable. If it gets to jumbled up then well, it's just one big jumble. I would rather say things here then to my family. They don't need the stress, and you all have been very kind to me in the past. Plus if you don't want to read, you don't have to.

The title is a bit of a two sided sword. As it is a place I can lay things to rest, kind of like a grave yard, and then it's like a bit of a farm, where I can let things grow and mature. Either way, something needs to be done to get thoughts out of my head, be they good, or be they dark.

As I said before, feel free to comment, or even put your own thoughts you need to get off your mind/chest here.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 19 • Views: 8,418 • Replies: 107

dadpad

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 05:09 am
i dump mine in a paddock on the way to work.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 05:15 am
We have flushing toilets here...need a good lock to keep the kangaroos out, though.
Seed

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 05:18 am
@Ionus,
Naw, they can come in. I don't mind the company
Ionus

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 06:23 am
Well ??? I am waiting....where are your thoughts so I can join in...I am only a young fellow and it is way past my bedtime...never mind...catch you tomorrow, digger...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 06:37 am
Seed, you ignorant slut . . .

I'd say this is a good idea, and especially that you can vent here, rather than at your family.

It's amusing, though. The bots must think you are really interested in gardening. The ads at the bottom of the page are for seeds, gardening equipment, etc. . . .
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 06:47 am
Hoe, hoe, hoe. Dig, dig, dig.
Carry on.
Joe(trying to keep up the subterfuge)Nation
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 07:04 am
@Seed,
Just dropping by to say hello & to see what this thread's about, Seed.

I thought you were going to talk about gardening.

By the way, do you garden at all? One of the most satisfying things I do. I heartily recommend it, if you have a real little plot of soil somewhere.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 07:21 am
@Seed,
I'm getting an ad titled "live boldly"at the bottom of this page.

Couldn't be more appropriate for a thread by one of my favourite A2K posters.

I'll be bavk - to read you and to write.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 10:56 am
<Comes in, looks around, has a seat in the waiting room>
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 11:00 am
George

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 11:06 am
Winter softens into Spring.
A good season to ponder.
Bulbs in the soil.
Stirring.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 11:11 am
my therapist says it would be a nice change if I had some thoughts in my head.
djjd62

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 11:12 am
@djjd62,
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 11:52 am
@Seed,
I have that plot as well. In my mind I invite these two in. The little one's name is Bliss.

http://www.poopsandgiggles.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/ATT3240841.jpg
Ionus

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 06:17 pm
@Letty,
The first horses were the size of a fox. This was a built in safety feature to prevent riders being thrown and hurt.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 06:23 pm
@Letty,
Oh, man, Letty, what a lovely photo.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 09:28 pm
I don't cry. I don't know why. What I mean is when something important happens that warrants tears, they never come. When my grandmother died when I was in middle school I never shed a tear. I remember sitting at the wake and holding my Aunt's hand as she balled. She thanked me for being a strong little boy for her. I was maybe 12 at the time. I have always been good at hiding my sadness and most other emotions from others. I have always, and still am the shoulder that people lean on.

When my best friend was killed in Iraq in front of me, I didn't have a chance to do anything. I had to get up and take his spot behind the mounted gun and do what I was trained for. After the fight, after we got back to our base, it was just motions. I never shed a tear.

This has lead to a weird kind of thing for me. I get choked up at and teary eyed at the most corniest things. I can hear a heart warming story and get a lump in my throat. I see something sad in a movie and tear run down my cheeks. Oh and please don't let an animal get hurt in a movie. Marely and Me DESTROYED me. Brought me to a blubbering mass of tears and sniffling. Going to see a sappy girl movie on a date and I gotta be fast at "yawning" or "sneezing" to get rid of the tears.

I feel like I should cry but I can't do it. I have tried but it just doesn't come.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 09:44 pm
@Seed,
There is a whole tear thing that I've heard of, sort of in the opposite direction, re people who cry too much (I gather) and an abused person I met with my relations with people in northern california. There are even treatments for that, I heard. Dlowan knows the pros and cons on this, I think.

I'm not a psychologist. I'd just say cry whenever it happens, get in touch with your cryer. Or at least don't reject that as something to do.

You will also note that culturally boys are primed not to cry fairly early on.
I've no idea if this is a horrible imposition on boys, or what.
I do know I liked it when I saw my husband cry once in a while, from sorrow. That meant he wasn't the magic mask.

But crying right away in your instance, I can see not. Don't beat yourself up. Natural reaction, maybe related to adrenalin, etc.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 09:52 pm
@ossobuco,
Not crying later, I can understand that too. Protective. But I'm just an early poster, others have been through this.
0 Replies