bros, ho's = brothers ... what does "ho's" mean?

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 08:19 pm

Context:

tour woes, bros, ho’s
Wednesday, Oct 07, 2009

Hello friends,

So I have a mini-tour coming up in a couple of weeks, journeying east to Philly and an amazing show at Zuzu’s in Boston my friend and Boston music vibe guru John set up for me. This would be only my second time playing more than two shows in a row out of town, first without the guidance of my spirit guide Jordan O’Jordan. I’ve had a lot of strong emotions leading up to it, first mild fear (I have bouts of paralyzing shyness/stage fright), then total panic once I realized one of my shows wasn’t going to happen.

I emailed everyone and their hipster cousin trying to set up a replacement show, to no avail. I decided to call off the tour, and felt peaceful resignation and acceptance.

But then two things happened. First, I watched a 15 year old documentary on Kris Kristofferson, which taught me to love the road. Second, I found out from John the amazing show he had planned for me. What was I thinking, wanting to cancel it!?! This is what I want to do! It is not perfect, but oh well. If you want me to play a show in your town, just let me know. I’m feeling pretty down.

So I guess I’ll see you soon.

Love,
Eve
aka, “Bird and Flower”
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 542 • Replies: 5
No top replies

panzade

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 08:23 pm
@oristarA,
lol....well it's a contraction for whores which is a rude term for a female...(whore- a woman who sleeps with everyone but you)in this case it's used as a breezy greeting.

bros and hos-brothers and sisters-males and females
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 08:45 pm
@oristarA,
Also important to know is "bro's before ho's"

Which means if a friend aka your bro, was about to do something stupid for a girl, aka a ho, his friends could invoke the saying and trying to make sure that the guy didn't do something stupid and or leave his friends hanging dry.
Lash

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 08:47 pm
@Seed,
even MORE important to realize that it's chicks before dicks... (smirk)
Seed

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 08:51 pm
@Lash,
haha, from a guys stand point that's an oxymoron
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 09:00 pm
Haha. Cool stuff.

Thank you guys.
0 Replies