British Single Mom gets 100,000 pounds a year to live in mansion.

Setanta

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 02:27 pm
@dyslexia,
No doubt, and many public figures have and continue to exploit that.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 02:28 pm
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

Maybe it is just that the times we disagree are more memorable.

I suspect you're right.

(did I just agree with you again? Laughing )
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 02:29 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I'm not being disingenuous at all, and in fact have conceded that this woman is a British citizen because of the evidence provided.

stopping there wouldn't have cost you a nickel
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 02:31 pm
@dyslexia,
Race is social construct, not a scientific one. This does not mean that race doesn't exist, or that it doesn't have a real impact on social perception, interactions or policy.

US law long restricted immigration by race (i.e. non-white people could not be naturalized). In 1923 a gentleman from India challenged his restriction on the basis that, as a "high-Caste Hindu"-- he was scientifically Caucasian, and therefore white.

The US Supreme Court rejected this idea on the argument, although they believed this guys claim had "scientific merit" (I am not claiming to agree with them), that he was not white because he was not "perceived" as white.

Quote:
It is a matter of familiar observation and knowledge that the physical group characteristics of the Hindus render them readily distinguishable from the various groups of persons in this country commonly recognized as white. The children of English, French, German, Italian, Scandinavian, and other European parentage, quickly merge into the mass of our population and lose the distincitive hallmarks of their European origin. On the other hand, it cannot be doubted that the children born in this country of Hindu parents would retain indefinitely the clear evidence of their ancestry. It is very far from our thought to suggest the slightest question of racial superiority or inferiority. What we suggest is merely racial difference, and it is of such character and extent that the great body of our people instinctively recognize it and reject the thought of assimilation.

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-bin/getcase.pl?court=us&vol=261&invol=204
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 02:32 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:
..... the "race" concept has been accepted by popular culture to such an extent that almost everyone has come to accept it as a valid scientific criteria.

The FDA certainly accepts it as a valid scientific criterion in clinical trials for new drugs - and so does everybody else in medical science and statistics, including the insurers. How do you account for the fact these groups hardly qualify under your criterion of "popular culture"?
Quote:
FDA regulations require sponsors of NDAs to present a summary of safety and effectiveness data by demographic subgroups (age, gender, race), as well as an analysis of whether modifications of dose or dosage intervals are needed for specific subgroups (21 CFR 314.50 (d)(5)(v) and (vi)(a)).6 One consideration in such summaries is the identification of a subject’s race or ethnicity.

http://www.fda.gov/RegulatoryInformation/Guidances/ucm126340.htm
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 02:34 pm
Oh, well, the FDA . . . now there's an unimpeachable source . . .
High Seas

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 02:39 pm
@Setanta,
Sound reasoning there - leave blacks and hispanics to die because of dimwits who consider scientific criteria "racist". No arguing with that logic!
Quote:
Other studies have shown that Blacks respond poorly to several classes of antihypertensive agents (beta blockers and angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors) .... Racial differences in skin structure and physiology that can affect response to dermatologic and topically applied products have been noted..... Clinical trials have demonstrated lower responses to interferon-alpha used in the treatment of hepatitis C among Blacks when compared with other racial subgroups
Setanta

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 02:42 pm
@High Seas,
Straw man, and we can expect no better from you. Hispanics are not a race, and the medical conditions of west African negroes, from whom all the "blacks" in America are descended, are a matter of long scientific study. The point is that these are ethnic considerations and no demonstration that "races" exist.

Quote:
Sound reasoning there - leave blacks and hispanics to die because of dimwits who consider scientific criteria "racist". No arguing with that logic!

So, great braying jackass, this is your typical witless and thoughtless kind of "contribution" you make here. At no time did i suggest anything of the kind.

Stupid bitch.
High Seas

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 02:44 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

That's rich, coming from the Chicken Little of the political rectitude gestapo.

The sky is racist! The sky is racist!

-- E. Brown Pathetic

You can't seem to hold the same opinion for 2 consecutive pages - the above appears to be completely at odds with your subsequent statements. I certainly agree with it, though. Keep your gratuitous insults at home, btw, I've no interest in them.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 03:06 pm
http://www.yale.edu/glc/events/race/Painter.pdf

I enjoyed the read. The topic came up here from a different angle.

Apparently there is a German to blame for all of it.

Quote:
White people are called "Caucasian" because Johann Friedrich Blumenbach (1752-1840), an influential German scholar in an up-and-coming German university, chose the name on 11 April 1795 in Göttingen, Lower Saxony, in what would become Germany. Blumenbach's and Göttingen's scholarly prestige made “Caucasian” a scientific classification.11 The term “Caucasian” quickly entered scientific discourse, appearing first in English in an 1807 translation of Blumenbach's Handbuch der vergleichenden Anatomie (A Short System of Comparative Anatomy) by the influential English surgeon William Lawrence (1783-1867).

http://www.answers.com/topic/race-1 (some interesting links here)
Ionus

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 05:23 pm
@ebrown p,
Quote:
Ever wonder why English is spoken in India, Australia and even North America?

All the really good languages were taken ??
English is spoken in India because the racists hate each other and would rather speak a conquerors language then their hated neighbour's. English is spoken in Australia and North America because it was a common language as the white settlers moved inland. Also if you have no word for a new technology, the english seems to move in.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 05:25 pm
so this immigrant is an english woman

interesting
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 05:34 pm
@Setanta,
Poor **** for brains ! You have never criticised anyone have you, let alone based on your lack of hormones rather than logic. And here you are being criticised !! You must be spitting....oh, wait..that is the default for you isnt it ?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 05:41 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
I have attempted to be fair-minded about this
Shocked Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Hhahahahahahahahahahahahaa
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 05:43 pm
@ebrown p,
**** for brains said :
Quote:
Brown continues to disgust me.

My respect for you, browny, has increased.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 06:00 pm
@Setanta,
High Seas said :
Quote:
The FDA certainly accepts it as a valid scientific criterion in clinical trials for new drugs - and so does everybody else in medical science and statistics, including the insurers.

**** for Brains said :
Quote:
Oh, well, the FDA . . . now there's an unimpeachable source . . .

High Seas said :
Quote:

**** for Brains said
Quote:
At no time did i suggest anything of the kind.

Gee, I dont know..it seems like you were being dismissive... maybe you were just having one of your moments. HS did say "The FDA.... everybody else in medical science and statistics, including the insurers" and you dismissed the point. Perhaps you are better than all those people combined. You arent a racist towards someone with formal qualifications are you ?

Quote:
At no time did i suggest anything of the kind.
That is exactly what was suggested. If you had a brain instead of a head full of ****, you would have said you didnt state that.

Thank God you have dogs to worship you, because it seems people think you are a real dickhead. Due to your overly close association with dogs, you are probably unaware that only a female dog is a bitch. You should have said stupid woman. Thats the problem isnt it ? People wont roll over, play dead and beg. Get some hormonal replacement therapy, you fuckwit.
djjd62

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 06:06 pm
@Ionus,
the FDA sucks a bag of dicks and everybody knows it
Ionus

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 06:19 pm
@djjd62,
Quote:
the FDA sucks a bag of dicks
I think I have become aware of your opinion, but why do you think that ? As for everyone knows it, thats rather a silly statement based on your fear your opinion is your's alone.
djjd62

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 06:21 pm
@Ionus,
i have no fear of opinions, and everybody knows that
0 Replies

lovejoy

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 12:57 am
This woman is entitled to a roof over her head, OK fair enough but she should not expect to be able to choose to live on millionaires row at the taxpayers expense

She says she "needs" a five bedroomed house why?

She had a 3 bed house, (free of charge) 1 room for her and a pair of bunk beds and a single in one bedroom for the boys and the same in the other for the girls is sufficient like it is for everyone else.

If she chooses to breed beyond her means we shouldn't be expected to keep paying the tab.

These parasites on society shouldn't be tolerated any longer, there are plenty of tower blocks in London where decent hard working people have to live, she should be relocated to one today