What is the a2k hall of fame all about?

Setanta

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2010 04:13 am
@dupre,
Quote:
My boyfriend also got me an historical atlas to go along with it.

That is a gift worth it's weight in gold. My knowledge of geography in gross is good enough that if someone writes of Abyssinia, or Moravia or the Yellow River Loop, i know what they are talking about. But more detailed descriptions can escape me entirely, and it's frustrating. For example, i was reading a history of the voyages of HMS Beagle (Darwin's voyage was only the second of three), and about five out of six geographical mentions were not to be found on the maps. I came to the conclusion that the maps were only provided as a curiosity.

0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2010 08:09 am
Hall of fame?

Me?

Sweet.

where is my damn trophy...
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2010 09:41 am
Let me clear something up here: some inductions are a joke, whereas others, like mine, are for serious.

Just ask me if you want to know which members are in either category. I realize the importance of this matter and am here to help.
0 Replies

BlaiseDaley

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2010 10:24 am
So, if I understand Setanta correctly, I've got a retinue... fabulous, something else to mention to my doctor next week.
Mame

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2010 12:19 pm
Well, I just checked my profile page - I don't recognize most of the people who are allegedly following me and under the Following category, it indicates I'm following a bunch of you, which I'm not. What's up with that?
Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2010 12:21 pm
@Mame,
I think you are confusing your profile with someone else's, your profile says you aren't following anyone.
Mame

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2010 01:37 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Yes, I see I was talking about something else.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2010 02:36 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Where in my profile do I even find who's "following" me? I don't see any such category when I click on my profile at bottom of this page.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2010 02:41 pm
@Merry Andrew,
just click on your user name from here...

(it will show you what we all see)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2010 02:47 pm
@BlaiseDaley,
BlaiseDaley wrote:

So, if I understand Setanta correctly, I've got a retinue... fabulous, something else to mention to my doctor next week.

You do NOW!

So I'll know if you ever bloody deign to post!!!

How in hell are you, you gorgeous thing, you?
maporsche

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2010 05:09 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Could or would you add an "Ignored by" or "Ignoring" section?
Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2010 05:13 pm
@maporsche,
I think publishing the ignores (as well as the propensity to announce them) is petty and defeats the intended purpose of ignoring. It would only hurt some people's feelings and there's no real benefit that would outweigh the many downsides.
spendius

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2010 05:23 pm
@Robert Gentel,
It wouldn't hurt my feelings Bob.

In the whole catalogue of those whiffling vexations which come puffing across a man's canvas publishing which A2Ker has me on Ignore is so far from the top of the list that it asymptotes with the indifference the average person displays when picking his or her nose when the lights have just changed to red.
Ionus

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2010 09:57 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
In the whole catalogue of those whiffling vexations which come puffing across a man's canvas publishing which A2Ker has me on Ignore is so far from the top of the list that it asymptotes with the indifference the average person displays when picking his or her nose when the lights have just changed to red.
Ok. I have studied your statement at length. I understand picking my nose. There is also some reference to a (probably coloured) light that changes to a red light. I have never seen these red lights. A man's canvas I understand, I like to dabble in oils. A2Ker has me on ignore, I also got having been the recipient of one from an obnoxious old woman who thinks she runs the place. I know the word catalogue, it means good stuff to buy. Now if I can just somehow asymptote all these concepts.....or perhaps you could dumb it down a little ?
Region Philbis

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 10:14 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
... also some reference to a (probably coloured) light that changes to a red light. I have never seen these red lights.

http://www.roseindia.net/photoshop/tutorials/traffic-light.gif

(you hafta apply the brake on yella to see it...)
BlaiseDaley

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 12:05 pm
@dlowan,
Well I'm trying to figue out how to handle my new hall of famedumb. Other than that, I'm well. I've been trying not to oversaturate the market with posts, as you might have noticed. How go things with you?
dlowan

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 03:14 pm
@BlaiseDaley,
They're ok.

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 03:26 pm
@Robert Gentel,
ok, I may be dumber than dirt, but I truly don't understand what it means when someone is following you, or you are following them.

I got 2 emails earlier, and accepted them both, so now we are following each other.

what the hell does that mean?

What is going to happen?

Are they notified everytime I post, and vice versa?

god I hate getting old.
I don't know anything anymore.
roger

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 03:50 pm
@chai2,
You accepted both. How nice. Want to know what happens when you don't accept them?

They get to stalk you anyway.
chai2

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 03:53 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

You accepted both. How nice. Want to know what happens when you don't accept them?

They get to stalk you anyway.

So, I guess you don't know either, huh?

anyway, I don't have a facebook or myspace or anything like that, so I don't know what they would be "following"

if I following someone, what am I supposed to be able to do?