WETLANDS ARE A POLLUTANT

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 11:55 am
yes, from the same governmental strain that said
ketchup is a vegetable
we have a study in south Florida , funded by the homebuilders , which states that wetlands are an environmental threat because they dont filter pollutants.
the science in this study is, of course, completely bogus and has caused at least one EPA manager to quit in disgust. read the article from PEER and you decide

http://www.peer.org/EPA/Boler_Statement.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 923 • Replies: 15
No top replies

wolf

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 03:20 pm
Makes me think of Bush issueing hunting permits on almost extinct species in a so-called attempt to boost their numbers. The doctrine of 'the invisible hand' pushed to the absurdest.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 03:23 pm
Pathetic.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 03:26 pm
I'm just a dumb old uneducated bear....but I thought one of the main uses of wetlands was to filter pollutants.........Of course I thought tomatos were fruits too....so how could ketchup be a vegetable....it would, at best, be ketchupsauce.

Raybush speak.......
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 03:35 pm
bears vote too guy. Im saddened how Orwellian this admin has gotten, with all the newspeak.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 03:36 pm
You scared me with that headline, farmerman - we are, of course, busy trying to get some of ours back...
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 03:37 pm
There are internet pages out there who have gone through painstaking efforts of listing the Bush administration's environmental drawbacks. Totally depressing. You name it -- he made it worse. The Toxic Texan with both guns full blazing. The utility behind this policy escapes me. I really think these men ought to be cured in a long stay in an asylum. Really.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 03:38 pm
Dlowan - we've been aiming for that too. But, with this admin, maybe the process will be halted. Hopefully not permenantly.
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 03:40 pm
Last chance, by the way.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 03:42 pm
Bizarre.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 03:48 pm
Thanks wolf, another group to add to my petition list.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 03:57 pm
I assure you Farmerman this bear will be first out of the den come election day......
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 04:04 pm
there is a thriving environmental business in the US and elsewhere called "phytoremediation" In this technique pollutants in water are allowed to be taken up in the plant biomass, thus cleaning the water. i guess the admin knows better than an entire industry.

The present US EPA is kind of a joke. Ive dealt with some of their past scientists, most of whom are all gone in cutbacks and program disappearances that actually began in the Clinton years.(I deal with the mining programs and water pollution) Most of the people on the job now, while well meaning , are relatively inexperienced and undereducated beancounters.
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 05:02 pm
That figures, farmerman...

Does this administration see the environment as its enemy, or what? As something irrelevant to human health, nutrition, economy...??

Someone please explain me what's the rationale with these guys.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 06:12 pm
Wolf, I think this admin does indeed see it as something unrelated to us. We are the super power of the world, we have the best scientists, we shall prevail. My guess is that they think along these lines. And maybe, to boot, they also don't really give a rat's patoot about what happens after they're dead.
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2003 12:04 am
God...!
0 Replies