PAP government = ?

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 01:11 am

Context:
This blog is about the political struggle I am engaging in Singapore. The title "Singapore Alternatives" is chosen because my only political dream is to build a true alternative in Singapore. Alternative to PAP government, of course. As the Alternative, the political party must be able to have the visions and policy insights to lead Singapore. I will write on various policy views and personal beliefs that I think is crucial in building up the Alternative. All constructive comments are welcome.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 690 • Replies: 3
No top replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 01:58 am
i have not encountered this term in the english language before. I suggest it is the name of a political party.

i found the following by googling "PAP government". This passage seems to suggest PAP is the name of a political party.

Quote:
In other words, the longer the PAP stays in power, the longer they may stay longer, oxymoronically speaking.

When Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong related in Parliament on 27 May 2009 the history of electoral changes, a realisation of how far the Singapore political system has come and how many times it has evolved in the PAP’s hands, especially since the 80s, creeps in.

A different passage on a different site also suggests PAP is the name of a political party.
Quote:
Biow Chuan, a lawyer, has been involved in community work for more than 10 years and is one of the PAP branch secretaries being fielded this time.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 02:04 am
found it.
Pap is definitly a political party. the initials PAP stand for Peoples Action Party
Quote:
oristarA

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 07:57 am
@dadpad,
Thank you!
0 Replies