When on the verge of a new dream....

mm25075

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 04:21 pm
I've been playing a lot of Dragon's Age Origins video game recently. Yes, it has surpassed my expectations, but that is besides the point. Let me back up a bit to the very existence who is mm25075...

You see, I've always wanted to write a true love story. The ultimate romantic in me takes things to the extreme. Yes, I know I don't live in a dream world. Do I want to? Yes. It's a matter of chosing who I want to be and being what I want to become.

Imagine this. A young 40ish woman sitting at a computer. She recently came into an invitation for a Mardi Gras singles party. She finds herself not by pure essence of finding a gentleman to flirt with for the evening, she ponders on the events her romantic mind would only dare to dream.

The crisp night air of the desert filtered down over the Valley, and yet she still contemplated wearing the elborate costume she had picked out of the evening. Ever since she was a little girl she had dreamed of being a Queen. Well she figured this was as close as she was ever going to get. She had acquired a very lovely floor length ball gown of deep crimson red and white, a very ornate tiara of deep red crystal fashioned into hearts accented by the sparking clear rhinstones which remarked in subtle fashion as long golden brown locks shifted upon bare shoulders. A long cloak of crimson red, and a smile of true playfulness, and yet the true piece which set apart this costume from most was the originial mask of red and gold, fashioned to the ladies face, revealing the true identidy underneath. Mystery to a fault? Would she mere present a stuffed version of the Queen of Heart, mutteringing to herself "Off with their heads!" or will it be perhaps that one night when some true soul would see through the facade and bring out the shy, friendly, masked lady and see to it she is treated as though she were the Queen of Hearts because "The Queen of Hearts is always your best bet." - The Eagles

Answer or not, to your hearts content....it's really just a bunch of mixed up thoughts but truly...do you think the outfit is a bit too much for a Mardi Gras singles party on Feb 13? Please tell me I'm not going to come across as a raving lunatic, I just want to have a nice evening of conversation.....seriously! Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,191 • Replies: 3
No top replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 04:32 pm
It sounds good to me; I 'd love to see it.
I 'd love to return to New Orleans.

David
mm25075

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 04:35 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Personally, I've never been to New Orleans but would like to someday. This party is in AZ so I'm not sure how "mardi gras" it's going to be.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 04:38 pm
@mm25075,
mm25075 wrote:
Personally, I've never been to New Orleans but would like to someday.
This party is in AZ so I'm not sure how "mardi gras" it's going to be.
I grew up in Phoenix.
New Orleans is WONDERFUL, unique; the food is very, very good.
Thay treated me like a king, free food, free drinks

David
0 Replies