It's what you do when you send your writing out, hoping for it to be picked up by a publisher, a magazine, an agent, etc.
This year, I've had two things going on (well, more, but two biggies) when it comes to writing:
- Spend the odd-numbered months writing every day and
- Spend the even-numbered months doing everything else re writing.
This means editing, working with beta readers, thinking up ideas, outlining the November novel and, yes, querying
So far, I haven't gotten any yeses but the year is kinda young.
I haven't queried much yet, I figure by making it more public, that'll push me to do more.
Here's what I've queried so far:
- Almost Shipwrecked (just under 1300 words); rejected 1x
- Darkness into Light (2,000 words); waiting to hear
- Eight Nights (800+ words); rejected 1x
- The Enigman Cave (over 100,000 words); rejected 2x
- The Resurrection of Ditte (a little over 4,100 words); waiting to hear
Thank you for your kind support!