Do Atheists favour Buddism over the other faiths?

Jasper10

Mon 28 Sep, 2020 01:17 am
@cicerone imposter,
What?....

Buddhism’s common denominator is that SELF doesn’t exist.

How can you better yourself if you don’t exist?
cicerone imposter

Mon 28 Sep, 2020 07:58 pm
@Jasper10,
Because your non-existent meme is totally stupid. Your ability to read and write English is the evidence that you're unwilling to acknowledge. That's not my problem.
Jasper10

Tue 29 Sep, 2020 01:11 am
@cicerone imposter,
Well if you think self doesn’t exist then your supposedly non existent meme has just indoctrinated you with other lies.I suppose there might be a blissfully ignorant state of consciousness....I grant you that.
maxdancona

Tue 29 Sep, 2020 11:20 am
@Jasper10,
What is your point Jasper?

If you are a Christian.... there are tons of logical inconsistencies in Christianity, including the questions over what the self is.
Jasper10

Tue 29 Sep, 2020 01:08 pm
@maxdancona,
My point is that Buddhism dismantles SELF...It’s a practice whereby an individual listens to two off reasonings that ultimately lead the individual to Nihilism and the belief that nothing matters.We are not our reasonings...we just have reasonings.These reasonings should NOT be dictating to us...SELF should dictate to them.

maxdancona

Tue 29 Sep, 2020 01:50 pm
@Jasper10,
Christianity also dismantles self.
Jasper10

Tue 29 Sep, 2020 02:44 pm
@maxdancona,
Inward meditation is related to Christianity...you are correct but can be related to unbelieving enquiries .i.e. Faith is not ultimately practiced.

Inward meditation dismantles SELF...and involves inward searching only.The individual experiences an out of synch consciousness state due to “existing in the head” too much.Also know as AUTOPILOT.

Outward meditation builds SELF up....and involves outward searchings only.The individual experiences an in synch consciousness state as they CONSTANTLY bring themselves out of their head more and more.Also know as MANUAL

The individual comes into an understanding of the “I am” which is completely separate to the 2 off reasonings which they had previously been totally embroiled in.

maxdancona

Tue 29 Sep, 2020 02:53 pm
@Jasper10,
I read that over several times. It still doesn't make any sense.

Neither Buddhism or Christianity make logical sense (to anyone but believers of each faith). That's kind of my point.
Jasper10

Wed 30 Sep, 2020 01:41 pm
@maxdancona,
It makes total sense.

If you constantly live in your head especially in a searching sense then you will come under the INFLUENCE of the 2 off reasonings that lead to nihilism.

Nihilism is a cancelling out of reasonings only.

As WE are not our reasonings WE are not cancelled out.

Buddhism has got it TOTALLY wrong in its teachings.

maxdancona

Wed 30 Sep, 2020 06:07 pm
@Jasper10,
What you are saying doesn't make any sense to me... I have no idea what "canceling out of reasonings" means, nor do I understand your obsession with nihilism.
Jasper10

Thu 1 Oct, 2020 01:16 am
@maxdancona,
I don’t have an obsession with Nihilism...I do see how it traps people though.

Nihilism ONLY applies to reasonings.

Reasonings come about as a result of thoughts.We are not our thoughts...we just have thoughts....i.e...Is there or isn’t there a God reasonings just cancel out and are right to because they are DOUBTING reasonings.

The devil uses Nihilism to try and convince an individual that God doesn’t exist.
God will not provide proof of whether he exists or not

He is looking for faith in him.
Lady Lingiton

Thu 1 Oct, 2020 05:50 am
@Jasper10,
Quote:
God will not provide proof of whether he exists or not

He is looking for faith in him.

How would you know?
chai2

Thu 1 Oct, 2020 06:21 am
@Lady Lingiton,
So good to see you M’Lady.

I’ve just gotten up at the crack of 7am here waiting for the painter to arrive

It was great seeing you as my first coherent thoughts emerged.
0 Replies

hightor

Thu 1 Oct, 2020 06:27 am
@Jasper10,
Quote:
He is looking for faith in him

Why the assumption of maleness? Where do you find sufficient evidence for this conclusion?
maxdancona

Thu 1 Oct, 2020 07:05 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
He is looking for faith in him

Why the assumption of maleness? Where do you find sufficient evidence for this conclusion?

God has a penis. Until very recently, that was an indication of maleness.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Thu 1 Oct, 2020 10:07 am
@Lady Lingiton,
Hi ...we all know that we don’t know whether God exists or not.

Therefore there is no such thing as an atheist.Frank made the point that there is no such thing as a theist either then...ok..if you want to balance the debate..

Therefore what’s left other than a HOPE that God and the Devil exist or not which is what I have been saying all along...

If you want to say the theist is a fool...well the theist is no more a fool than the atheist..but as Leadfoot has already said....the theist is potentially a better gambler than the atheist...potentially a bit wiser shall we say....
maxdancona

Thu 1 Oct, 2020 11:21 am
@Jasper10,
I am a gambler (and a successful one, I have made a consistent profit from gambling over a long period of time).

To be a good gambler... you need to consider both sides of the bet.

1. What will this bet cost me if I lose?
2. What will this bet earn me if I win?

So the question you raise is incomplete. I like sex. I like whiskey. I like gambling.

If I can believe in God, and still do the things that I want... then it is a good bet. If by believing in God I have to give up my love of a 15 year highland single malt Scotch enjoyed in the company of a beautiful woman who I will later ****, I am not so sure.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 1 Oct, 2020 12:04 pm
@Jasper10,
Men created thousands of gods. Which one do you believe in? LOL
Jasper10

Thu 1 Oct, 2020 02:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The God of the bible.
maxdancona

Thu 1 Oct, 2020 02:38 pm
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

The God of the bible.

Will He let me have sex with any consenting adult I choose and still go to heaven?

I want to know if I should place this bet.