who publicises?

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 07:08 am

also publicising the letter ? who publicises the letter? University of Cambridge?

Context:

"It is hard to get beyond anecdotal evidence of reviewers making extravagant demands," says co-signatory Austin Smith at the University of Cambridge, also publicising the letter this week. "The more serious issue is that papers are getting through review in the same journals with serious holes, or interpretations that go way beyond the data," he says.

More context, click:
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn18466-are-stem-cell-scientists-sabotaging-rivals-work.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 497 • Replies: 3
No top replies

sullyfish6

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 08:52 am
"It is hard to get beyond anecdotal evidence of reviewers making extravagant demands," says co-signatory Austin Smith at the University of Cambridge, also publicising the letter this week. "The more serious issue is that papers are getting through review in the same journals with serious holes, or interpretations that go way beyond the data," he says.

Smith is a co-signatory (he also signed the letter)
"also publicising the letter" is a phrase to describe Smith.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 08:55 am
@oristarA,
Yes. The University.

The article isn't very clear who beside the University is amongst those most recently publicizing (US spelling) the letter. It only says that it was released last summer in July and got little response and so they are releasing or publicising it again.

Joe(I'd be wondering myself who else?)Nation
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 09:04 am
Hmmm. Sully could be right, but I would assume that Professor Austin Smith would publish through his University.

Here's the BBC radio on the subject: http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_8492000/8492662.stm
0 Replies