mM = ?

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 01:49 am

Context:
Methods: Acute pancreatitis was induced in Sprague-Dawley rats by giving two intraperitoneal injections of Arg, each at concentrations of 250 mg/100 g body weight, with a 1 h interval between injections. Rats were divided randomly into three groups: Normal, Arg plus saline treatment, and Arg plus hydrogen-rich saline treatment groups. Hydrogen-rich saline ( > 0.6 mM, 6 ml/kg) or saline (6 ml/kg) was administered respectively via tail vein in 15 minutes after each Arg administration. Pancreatitis severity was assessed by analysis of serum amylase, pancreatic water content, and histology. Samples of pancreas were also taken for measuring malondialdehyde and myeloperoxidase. Apoptosis in pancreatic acinar cell was determined with terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase-mediated deoxyuridine triphosphate nick-end labeling technique (TUNEL). Expression and distribution of proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA) and nuclear factor kappa B ( NF-κ were detected with immunohistochemistry.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 507 • Replies: 13
No top replies

oolongteasup

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 02:16 am
@oristarA,
mM is millimoles per litre

why do you ask?

am i doing your work for you?
JTT

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 11:54 am
@oolongteasup,
Quote:
why do you ask?

Ummmmm, because this is able2know.
panzade

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 12:04 pm
@JTT,
thanks for reminding us...sometimes in our rush to be clever...we forget
JTT

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 12:11 pm
@panzade,
I was actually reminding oolongteasup, Pan. But if it helped you along, so much the better.
panzade

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 12:17 pm
@JTT,
don't be a turd...I was trying to be gracious to oolong
JTT

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 12:27 pm
@panzade,
If you think that's necessary or even a good thing, then by all means, go ahead.

Did you know what it stood for.? I didn't. Oristar is trying to learn English, not get obscure lectures from someone who can certainly turn a neat phrase, but still seems to get caught up in the mind boggling stupidity of the all too frequent, "Am I doing your homework for you?"

panzade

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 12:29 pm
@JTT,
that didn't come out right JTT...lol

I was chastising oolong but using us to be gracious...oh never mind. Very Happy
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 12:31 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
Did you know what it stood for.? I didn't. Oristar is trying to learn English, not get obscure lectures from someone who can certainly turn a neat phrase, but still seems to get caught up in the mind boggling stupidity of the all too frequent, "Am I doing your homework for you?"

You're absolutely right...I've been helping ori, who's a great guy, for 5 years..
edit: I have to add tho, that I enjoy oolong's sense of humour. I read every post she writes.
contrex

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 12:37 pm
mM is an US abbreviation of millimoles per litre; other countries use other ways of writing this. In the UK it is standard to write mmol/l for example.
panzade

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 01:10 pm
@contrex,
thanks for the info contrex
0 Replies

oolongteasup

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 06:28 pm
@panzade,
Quote:
I read every post she writes.

we have much in common

except the abstruse sardonicisms are mine, all mine, mwahahahaha