Gibbs: Brown win in MA means that the voters really want Obama's policies

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 09:02 am
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2436073/posts

Quote:

We are getting into real mental health issues here. Robert Gibbs is on Fox News Sunday, "explaining" what the Brown win in MA means. Gibbs stated forcefully that last week Brown was elected not because of anger at Obama's policies, but because voters were angry at George Bush and because Obama hasn't moved forcefully and quickly enough in implementing Obamacare. ...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 843 • Replies: 2
No top replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 11:45 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Quote:

We are getting into real mental health issues here. Robert Gibbs is on Fox News Sunday, "explaining" what the Brown win in MA means. Gibbs stated forcefully that last week Brown was elected not because of anger at Obama's policies, but because voters were angry at George Bush and because Obama hasn't moved forcefully and quickly enough in implementing Obamacare. ...

That's an interesting spin on the win. But I think Gibbs has spun himself into a state of dizziness.

It seems more likely to me that most people want Health Care reform, but they don't like the particular version that was flowing through congress (as even many of the more liberal members of A2K have already stated on several threads). Also, Scott had a pretty broad message he was floating, so there could be lots of other reasons why he won as well. There are plenty of things to be mad at the government about. Health Care may appear to be one of many gorilla's in the room, but those gorilla's are sitting on carefully disguised elephants that are part of the basic political process (finance reform and lobbying to expose just a couple).

0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 12:45 pm
I hope people are pissed about the bank bailouts, the stimulus payoff package, and financial mis-management in general.

I hope their pissed off enough to sweep out ALL incumbants in the coming elections, from the top down.
0 Replies