Another thing i wanted to share with you all.

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 04:53 pm
Warning. Serious post. Cool

I'm not sure why i do this, i hope you don't mind. Smile

Got an album from my aunt today, pictures of lilia that i'd never seen before, and little tributes to her from hundreds of people. These are just a few and i felt the need, as i have done several times over the past 26 days (is that it?) to share them with you.

Oh, and i wanted the thank those of you who have been invaluable since i first posted here. Really don't see how i could have made these past few weeks without knowing i could come here and rant if need be. Laughing

Quote:
You taught me how much everyday means and to treat everyone like your best friend - Macey Sharpe

Quote:
My throat aches and i need to take big breaths when i see something that reminds me of you, because i know you didn't like to see someone cry. - Isabelle Stuart

Quote:
If i was having a bad day, all i needed was a minute with you and i'd walk away smiling - Dr Harrison

Quote:
When i go to sleep i always think about you, so maybe i'll have a dream about you. I really hope i do, just to see your smile light up a room and your eyes make the stars look rubbish again. - Nana

Quote:
You'd point out how when it rained really hard on concrete, it looked like ants taking pictures. You could watch it for hours, I smile whenever it rains now, just to think of how happy it'd make you. - Dylan Alderson

Quote:
Lilia was a beautiful girl, we are honered and proud to have known her. She was braver than the lot of us put together and will always be in our thoughts when things get tough. - Cornwall Marine Academy

Quote:
No fair LiLi. - Indi

Quote:
You will always be my big brave sister and i will never ever ever ever stop wanting you to be back. - May

Quote:
Never stopped fighting did you? You've done us proud, it was your time to go, check in on us occasionally eh? Dreams, visions, haunting, i don't mind when. Now you've blessed us all, i guess god needed his best angel back, shame he couldn't wait a while but, who can blame him? Your pretty damn amazing. - Joe Whitehorn

Quote:
Keep an eye on my Sammy up there won't you? I'm glad she has you to look out for her again, it's hard to put into writing how much i wish you were both back here. - Paul Lynch

Quote:
You better no go running around with your mum's bra on your head in heaven, thats not what angels do! - Jackie Ward

Quote:
You are the most amazing person. I can remember sitting with your mum and holding her hand whilst she tried not to cry as she told you the cancer had spread to your lungs, i remember you sitting up, laughing and saying "is that all? i though someone had died!" Aunty Hannah

Quote:
How you smiled every day i don't know. The relationship you had with your sister was unbeatable, the passion you had for finding a cure was inspiration, we will continue your work, i promise. You have my utmost respect - Keith Parker.

Quote:
If there was a way we could get you back lilia damn i would do whatever it takes. Just without icky cancer this time right? Sleep peacefully. - Pauline Harding

Quote:
You've left a big gap that nobody will ever fill, but i'm so happy that your free now. Till we meet again, good luck. - Teddy Grant
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,308 • Replies: 10
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 04:58 pm
Wow.
AbbieMcKenley

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 05:00 pm
@ossobuco,
Yep, my reaction too. I sorta sat there with my mouth open for about ten minutes, i damn sure hope Lilia wasn't watching me then, i must have looked ridiculous.
Rockhead

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 05:10 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
seems to me that Lilia was able to inspire a whole lot of folks in her short visit here with us.

she was very special, abbie.

you are, too...
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 05:18 pm
Wow, indeed, Abbie. Sounds like both you girls are pretty awe-inspiring. I'm so glad she gave you that. Much love, hon.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 05:51 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
AbbieMcKenley wrote:

Quote:
My throat aches and i need to take big breaths when i see something that reminds me of you, because i know you didn't like to see someone cry. - Isabelle Stuart

They are all wonderful tributes, Abbie, but I wonder if this one might have something to do with the reason you haven't cried. It doesn't matter if it does or doesn't, but it kind of jumped out at me when I read it.

Hugs to you, if you like hugs.
AbbieMcKenley

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 05:55 pm
@JPB,
I was wondering about that earlier actually.
Although, i did end up shedding a tear earlier when i was looking through the album.
No. I lied.
I nearly flooded Europe.
Thought i'd never stop.

Quote:
Hugs to you, if you like hugs.

Mr. Green Who doesn't like hugs! Smile
JPB

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 06:00 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
Well, ok then. I'm glad for you that you let yourself cry when the moment came. It can be exhausting and cleansing all at the same time.
AbbieMcKenley

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 06:21 pm
@JPB,
Yep.
My brother came over too me and put his arm around me and said "Are you crying because of Lilia, or because you don't like the book because i told aunty Hannah you dont like purple books very much."

Laughing aha.

Nightt.
sozobe

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 07:14 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
Aw...

His quote was the heartbreakingest... (to me)
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2010 06:36 pm
Hi Abbie.

Don't know if you still check in here once in awhile. If you do, I just wanted you to know that I was thinking about you and your family today. I hope you are finding ways to celebrate the holidays together and with the memory of that wonderful sister of yours.
0 Replies