FREEDOM IS RESTORED: 1st AMENDMENT WINS!

farmerman

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 08:06 am
@OmSigDAVID,
in time others will reestablish equilibrium over chaos. If you like FAscist states, why try to turn ours that way?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 08:19 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
in time others will reestablish equilibrium over chaos.
If you like FAscist states, why try to turn ours that way?
Farmer, it blows my mind that anyone can THINK that way.
I don 't know about YOU, but I am able to remember BEFORE 2002.
America was not then fascist; tell me that I 'm rong.

I addressed your fascist concerns on the last page.
I presume that u did NOT SEE my response to u,
so here it is again, for your convenience:

farmerman wrote:
ACTUALLY, Freedom has not been restored, since an OLIGARCHIC FASCIST
interpretation of the 1st Amendment has been forwarded by this decision.
By THIS reasoning, during 1941 thru 1945, we were fascists
(I wonder how Benito Mussolini felt about that? I wonder what George Patton thought about that?)
and indeed we were fascists from the foundation of the Republic until rescued from fascism by John McCain in 2002.

I don 't think so.

David
farmerman

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 08:34 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Wartime creates strange associations. WE also had a close industrial deal with Russia as we sent P-40' s to their air force is vast numbers . We were fascist in the WWII period and to deny it is ridiculous.

The strange and unreasonable rise in oil in the 2002 and beyond is associated with an industrial/military hit on Iraq. (What was the rationale for that war again?)

I will have to adjust my voting saavy and will impart my findings to others each election. Namely, whats the money trail look like? Vast amounts of money controlling our destinies can do us no good.
Francis

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 08:52 am
FM wrote:
Vast amounts of money controlling our destinies can do us no good.

While the contrary is ok..
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 09:00 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Wartime creates strange associations.
WE also had a close industrial deal with Russia as we sent P-40' s
to their air force is vast numbers .
We were fascist in the WWII period and to deny it is ridiculous.
So YOUR vu of WWII was an intra-fascist cannibalism fest with America as the chief muncher. Right ??

farmerman wrote:
The strange and unreasonable rise in oil in the 2002 and beyond
is associated with an industrial/military hit on Iraq.
(What was the rationale for that war again?)
Saddam was intolerably dangerous.
He was a life-long homicidal maniac, with a grudge against us,
for humiliating him in Kuwait, and throwing him out of it.
He also lived next door to a lot of starving Russians with nukes,
while Saddam had a lot of oil cash. Too risky. I was ill-at-ease.

farmerman wrote:
I will have to adjust my voting saavy and will impart my findings
to others each election. Namely, whats the money trail look like?
Vast amounts of money controlling our destinies can do us no good.
I 'd wish u good luck, but maybe that 's not such a good idea.
farmerman

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 09:28 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
So YOUR vu of WWII was an intra-fascist cannibalism fest with America as the chief muncher. Right ??
Try not to sound stupid when others are reading over your shoulder. Ask a question without trying to paint history.

This was a really badass decision by USSC.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 09:31 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
Try not to sound stupid when others are reading over your shoulder. Ask a question without trying to paint history.

This was a really badass decision by USSC.
I will say, like a mantra, everything was good b4 the MF law.
It is again now, too.

I EXULT !

David
farmerman

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 09:49 am
@OmSigDAVID,
The USSC is malleable in its world view. Claiming that "free speech by industry is Constitutional" is not settled law because it was as close a vote as is possible.So, according to our Constitution, we can either amend this bad finding or , in time, when beter sense prevails, revisit it by a new court.

In the mean time, the industrial donors and their shills will have to identify themselves, and Im sure the internet will create an entire new venue of how we, the underclasses, are kept informed about the oligarchs.

Go and have your paddlefish roe on toast tips and Dom Perignon breakfast, . BUT, better watch yer back OLIGARCH
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 10:22 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

The USSC is malleable in its world view. Claiming that "free speech by industry is Constitutional" is not settled law because it was as close a vote as is possible.So, according to our Constitution, we can either amend this bad finding or , in time, when beter sense prevails, revisit it by a new court.

In the mean time, the industrial donors and their shills will have to identify themselves, and Im sure the internet will create an entire new venue of how we, the underclasses, are kept informed about the oligarchs.

Go and have your paddlefish roe on toast tips and Dom Perignon breakfast, . BUT,
better watch yer back OLIGARCH
That 's ALWAYS good advice; thank u.

It distresses me that u have found it acceptable
for government to stifle free speech for 60 days, or for 60 minutes.
If it did have jurisdiction to just do that,
in defiance of the "Congress shall make NO LAW . . . abridging freedom of speech. . ."
it coud choke off speech forever, just throwing the Constitution
in the garbage can.

If the First Amendment was not safe,
then NO part of the Constitution was safe; unlimited power
like Stalin, Hitler and Saddam.

By the liberals: that 's OK.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 01:29 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
This isn't a valid criticism. The Supreme Court is not bound by Stare Decisis
I didnt say it was. However, the two newest members , one of which is the Supreme Supreme, both gave really long and believable bullshit answers about Stare decisis. They were questioned primarlly (I assume) re Roe v wade, but their credibility in honoring ceratin decisions has been shot smartly in the ass.

This decision is one that sets the road clear for corporate hegemony.
I'd say that's more than a little extreme. People have been fooled into electing fools since the beginning of time, and McCain-Feingold was hardly equipped to prevent it anyway. The electorate's willingness to accept half the **** that goes on now can only be explained by collective ignorance. But even so... even if your fears have merit; that's a slippery slope I'd rather stand on than letting Congress get a foothold into controlling rights as basic, as fundamental, and as supposedly untouchable as free speech. <-- That is a slippery slope we should avoid like the plague. Flag-burning, KKK demo's, and movies like Fahrenheit 911 and Hillary the movie constitute PROOF that the first amendment remains rock-solid. Only when these unpopular-to-despicable things are guaranteed are we truly following the First Amendment. The verbiage of that document is not at all unclear, and anyone who thinks these nasties aren't worth defending has no business singing about "the land of the free."
OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 01:31 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I repeat, the only way to use this decision is to find out WHO is paying for a candidate and who a candidate is shilling for. When that is determined and the candidates own platform is under scrutiny (by virtue of his "sponsors") we can vote aginst them.
And this is different how? Did I mention I was born in a Log Cabin?

farmerman wrote:
Its no longer one man one vote by any means, since he oligarchs grow in power, money is a huge substitute for "free speech".

Sorry dude, but this is just so much nonsense.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 01:33 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
Quote:
collective ignorance
. populism mr Bill is the american way.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 04:19 pm

The American Way is just a simple, straight reading of the US Constitution
resulting in personal liberty, Individualism and hedonism.

David
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 04:32 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
resulting in personal liberty, Individualism and hedonism

that is exactly the thought process of those who claim that every word in their English language version of the bible is the literal word of God. Most everyone agrees that those people are cracked, David.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 05:55 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Quote:
resulting in personal liberty, Individualism and hedonism

that is exactly the thought process of those who claim that every word in their English
language version of the bible is the literal word of God.
Most everyone agrees that those people are cracked, David.
Let 's not discuss how the Bible was put together.
We know how the US Constitution was adopted.
We know that it can ONLY be changed (legitimately) as set forth
in its Article 5.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2010 05:14 pm
Quote:
Supreme Court ruling calls for a populist revolt

By E.J. Dionne Jr.
Monday, January 25, 2010

"Populism" is the most overused and misused word in the lexicon of commentary. But thanks to a reckless decision by Chief Justice John Roberts's Supreme Court and the greed of the nation's financial barons, we have reached a true populist moment in American politics.

The Supreme Court's 5-to-4 decision last week giving American corporations the right to unlimited political spending was an astonishing display of judicial arrogance, overreach and unjustified activism.
The only proper response to this distortion of our political system by ideologically driven justices is a popular revolt. It would be a revolt of a sort deeply rooted in the American political tradition. The most vibrant reform alliances in our history have involved coalitions between populists (who stand up for the interests and values of average citizens) and progressives (who fight against corruption in government and for institutional changes to improve the workings of our democracy). It's time for a new populist-progressive alliance.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/24/AR2010012402298.html?hpid=opinionsbox1
DAMN RIGHT!
OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2010 06:36 pm
@hawkeye10,
Laughing A progressive cheerleader tries to spin the decision into unity between populists and progressives. He knows defending the 1st is something he himself would enthusiastically do every other week of the year, but he thinks hey; why not spin this thing to our advantage? Surely there's a few complete idiots out there that won't see through it!

http://www.ladybugdixie.com/ddorward/studentfiles/anthony_koolaid/hey-kool-aid.jpg
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2010 06:38 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
I'm asking Thomas the same on the other thread: Do you really not care about the effects this will have?

Cycloptichorn
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2010 06:42 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
I'm asking Thomas the same on the other thread: Do you really not care about the effects this will have?

Cycloptichorn
It matters not; free speech is immune from interference.

David
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2010 06:43 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn
It matters not; free speech is immune from interference.

David

You are quite incorrect, and if you think it is, I suggest that you attempt to Libel someone, Slander them, infringe upon their Intellectual property, or shout fire in a theater. Let me know how those work out for you under our legal system.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies