X-mas gift

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 07:20 pm
Hi!! thanks for the replies on my past post, "Ideas". Now, I need your help once again. LOL!! My boyfriend bought me a very expensive x-mas gift, of course, I dont know what it is. But everybody who knows what it is told me that I will love it, I might even cry. Well, I want to buy him something that will make his pants dropped, a WOW!! like DAMN!! nice gift. You know he'll be in shock!!! I've thought of things I could buy but I haven't seen something WOW!! not yet. Now, please I really need your help. Any ideas?? At the same time, I want to show him how much I appreciate and love him. What's a thoughtful, nice, a wow gift that will make him dropped and at the same time something that it shows how much I appreaciate him and love him? Thank you!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,494 • Replies: 13
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 07:25 pm
Could be an engagement ring... that's hard to top. Wink

Can you give something to go on about his age, interests, style, etc.?
0 Replies

Chenrontom

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 07:40 pm
or....
It could be that he has a new girlfriend, and engaging HER, instead of you....
Just kidding. I'm not that mean. Maybe he's getting you a ring.... like above, or maybe a new car, or diamond/pearl necklace? Laughing
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 07:53 pm
Id be guessing the ring thing myself..unless you guys live together and its you know..that brand new TV or something just as non cry like although..depends on the TV for some of us gals.

Gotta get some background..like Soz says--likes, hobbies, interests, age, how long you been together? How much you willing to spend cuz you know..a Ferrari goes along way with lots of people but, you know..matchbox fits more wallets.
Smile
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 08:01 pm
Sounds like a ring to me as well. As Quinn asked, we'll need to know how much you're looking to spend first.

I'm so excited for you. Don't forget to let us know what it is after you get it ;-)
0 Replies

dragon25

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 09:00 pm
I doubt its a car!! LOL!! I think its a ring too, I doubt its a "engagement ring", its too soon. I mean I love him to death but we've been dating for 7 months. Let's see, his style....... Hobbies: he likes to play strategy PC games, he loves to read political and about Greek/Roman life. He loves history, he does likes movie, he does drink not heavily but you know once and a while. He likes to dressed very proper like a long sleeve shirt, black pants/ jeans w/ his black leather jacket. His a big kid!! LOL!! His goal, his dreams is to open up his own restaurant calling it, "Slater's Pub" (his last name, Slater). So I thought something for his restaurant, something he can put in the restaurant that reminds him of me. Now, the bad thing is..... probably his gonna open his restaurant like in 10 years, so that's too far away. But I might get him something for his restaurant still and something else, that has to be WOW! Another thing, I thought about a watch, he doesn't have a watch. But in my opinion that's not thoughtful, its not like that big of a deal, you know he won't be in shock. I just want him to feel really special, he lives with his parents and I also want the parents to notice how much I really appreciate him and love him. Now, he wants the "Ghettopoly" game, I am gonna buy it for the hell of it. LOL!! Ok, now I will tell you guys what my x-mas present is when I get it, in 2 months!! LOL!! Thank you, montana. I am willing to pay up to
$250 dollars. Any ideas?
P.S.
Chenrontom, that was not funny.
0 Replies

dragon25

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 09:08 pm
Another thing, I forgot to say his a good writer, his very talented.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 07:18 am
Question..why doesnt he wear a watch? Is it because he would like a nice one or because he doesnt like watches? That could be a nice gift for him if he wanted a nice one.
So he's a writer and he likes reading...how about finding out who his favorite author is and seeing if you can find a nice book for him ...you know a first edition, leather bound, etc.
As far as his restaurant is concerned you could get him a sign made that says 'Slaters Pub' and even though its a bit away until he opens the place...he could hang that on his wall till he gets to it.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 09:40 pm
Please, no Ghettopoly! It's a horrible idea, to start with, and has caused enough divisiveness and trouble. Besides, the makers of Monopoly are suing the inventor to force him to take it off the market. And I think he ought to apologize as well!

I like the idea of a professionally-painted "Slater's Pub" sign. It's made just for him, he'll know you thought about HIM and not just about a pricey something to give him.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 09:44 pm
I agree about the pub sign!
0 Replies

dragon25

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 04:47 pm
Thank-you guys!!
I know Monopoly is suing the makers of "Ghettopoly", but he keeps asking for it. So like I said I "might" buy it for the heck of it. Laughing Yeah, the idea of a sign I like it too. It just too far away. But I'll do that, probably, it shows I pay attention to his dream and goals and all the things he says and its thoughtful too. Now, where can I do that? Confused Where can I make or design a sign to make it/ have it done? And how? a wooden one or kinda like a metal one? Any ideas? Thank you!! Cool Keep posting!! Very Happy
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 05:15 pm
A wood sign sounds really nice to me. You'd need to find a place that makes them. Try looking in the yellow pages.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 05:40 pm
I did a quick search on wooden pub signs and found:

http://www.personalcreations.com/shop/product.asp?product%5Fcode=8765&world%5Fcode=1&category%5Fcode=214&subcategory%5Fcode=214&search%5Ftype=subcategory

http://www.whatonearthcatalog.com/cgi-bin/hazel.cgi?action=detail&item=AL4712&websource=cj&source_code=w02cj1&AID=10279517&PID=606239&SID=485-AL4712

Im sure you could try personalized signs, wood carving and signs, etc and find something you like.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 06:11 pm
I use to have an art teacher who use to make beautiful signs with leaf gold lettering. He did very nice work.
0 Replies