At presentation = ?

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 11:21 pm

Context:
Adverse event information was collected from 17,337 people between 1995 and 1997. Brown and his colleagues followed up on the medical records of these same people to study lung cancer rates in 2005. According to Brown, "Compared to those who claimed no childhood trauma, people who experienced six or more traumas were about three times more likely to have lung cancer, identified either through hospitalization records or mortality records. Of the people who developed, or died of, lung cancer, those with six or more adverse events in childhood were roughly 13 years younger at presentation than those with none. People who had experienced more adverse events in childhood showed more smoking behaviors."

The central message of this study is that our children can be faced with a terrible burden of stressors. These stressors are associated with harmful behaviours, such as smoking, that may lead the development of diseases like lung cancer and perhaps death at younger ages. Reducing the burden of adverse childhood experiences should therefore be considered in health and social programs as a means of primary prevention of lung cancer and other smoking-related diseases.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,084 • Replies: 6
No top replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 12:07 am
@oristarA,
When he showed up with medical complaints
oristarA

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 10:54 am
@OmSigDAVID,
It equals to "when he went seeing doctor"?
ehBeth

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 11:03 am
@oristarA,
no

~~~

when he arrived at the doctor's office with the medical complaint

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 12:20 pm
Yeah; what Beth said.

the reason that he went to see the doctor
ehBeth

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 04:47 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
(which was just a word or two added to what you posted - I thought it could use the little addition)
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 06:04 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
(which was just a word or two added to what you posted - I thought it could use the little addition)
Yeah, I was tweaking n polishing it a little.
I agreed with u.
0 Replies