baby names

farmerman

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 08:38 pm
@farmerman,
Here's the thread, why not join in, Im sure that the lady will be happy for some new posts , especially from someone who's got horsey experience. I used to board some horses but I raise mostly sheep and some cattle, so horsies are not my bag.
http://able2know.org/topic/134242-1

PS, welcome to A2K, Theres a coupla us farmers on the board and theres at least 2 veterinarians who work with large animals, and several present or former horse owners. SO , when I saw that youre a 4Her , I would be pleased to hear about yer horsies. Are you looking for a name for a foal?

The horses that I used to board were all Apaloosas so the owners (in the AP clubs) had mostly AMerican Indian names.
emshae

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 08:46 pm
@Seed,
tell me about it. iv never been out of Indiana. please Smile
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 08:50 pm
@farmerman,
did the horses eat each other's tails? We had that problem with the ones we owned. Had to wrap it up the tails so they wouldn't eat it.

As far as North Carolina, it's not to bad. Best of all worlds I think. Mountains, Beaches, Rolling plains Smile good stuff all around.
emshae

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 08:52 pm
@Seed,
um no they don't. that sounds strange. i mean iv heard of dogs doing that to horses but not other horses..... wow beaches that sounds amazing!!!!
Seed

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 08:56 pm
@emshae,
Yea, if you put an Ap in a pen with another horse he will eat at his tail.
farmerman

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 08:59 pm
@Seed,
Youll have to ask Arella Mae. We never had that happen with any of the horsies we boarded. SOunds kinda strange. I still have some horsetail that I use to make bucktails and wet flies for walleye and bass fishing.
0 Replies

emshae

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 08:59 pm
@farmerman,
nope i have a mare named Ninea. she is 4 years old and a track horse. and Snazz is a gelding he is 7 years old. just got nine this year im training her 4 barrels and english riding. snazz and i went to the state fair and got 4th in english riding. i have had him for 4 years now he has a club foot gives us some trouble some times but b sides that i love them both!!!!
0 Replies

emshae

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 09:00 pm
@Seed,
wow u had one demented horse
Seed

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 09:01 pm
@emshae,
haha. I have had a lot of horses. I grew up on a horse farm.
emshae

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 09:13 pm
@Seed,
sweet i like living in the middle of nowhere its fun and quiet. and you can go outside in ur pjs
Seed

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 09:17 pm
@emshae,
perhaps you should say "i can go out in your pjs and not get in trouble"
emshae

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 09:18 pm
@Seed,
your real funny
Seed

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 09:20 pm
@emshae,
What kind of English Riding do you? Jumping? Walk, Trot, Canter? barrel racing too huh?
emshae

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 09:29 pm
@Seed,
in guna jump next year i do walk trot canter now, i did barrels last year with a 27 year old mare my best time was 17 sec....we got rid of her so i could get a faster one. and ninea is def. faster!!!!
Seed

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 09:35 pm
@emshae,
My sister did Walk Trot Canter for several years when we were younger. I used to ride bulls and do the calf scramble as the rodeos. I tried team roping but wasn't any good at it.
emshae

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 09:37 pm
@Seed,
bulls are fun. kinda hurts when u get kicked and stepped on tho.....
Seed

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 09:43 pm
@emshae,
That's why I stopped :-D
emshae

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 09:47 pm
@Seed,
i got kicked in the back by a bull didnt feel so hot. messed up my back for life go to therapy on tues ever week. got kicked in the leg by a horse in july last year and it still hurts but i kicked that M.F. back he jumped so assume it hurt a lil bit
Seed

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 09:48 pm
@emshae,
I played a bad joke on a donkey once. Got kicked square in the chest. Thrown back about 15 feet. Good times
emshae

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 09:52 pm
@Seed,
nice. he only kicked me that one time so i think he learned his lesson. wow i think im that reincarnated donkey.
0 Replies